2023/24 Sean Dyche

Three positives for me yesterday were:

1: He played Mykolenko at LB over Young.

2: Kept with Branthwaite/Tarkowski instead of playing his son.

3: Used Onana a little deeper

The negatives

1: Played Young over Patterson so he could shoehorn is pal in the team + the same Young who cant take a free kick (or do much else).

2: Onana was not used as an anchor again Was bypassed when we had the ball and even the midfield was setup without there being anyone to link with. A proper anti-Dyche player in a Dyche team.

3: Dropped Garner for his other son who wasnt fully fit. Could have used him next to Onana but that may mean we play the ball through midfield...cant have that.

The most obvious things are those hes not able to see in front of his nose...set pieces and...everything is dreadful.

Sack.
I assume you mean dropped Garner for McNeil in terms for the position i think that was an ok move, would you have had Garner in for Gana?

I assume you mean dropped Garner for McNeil in terms for the position i think that was an ok move, would you have had Garner in for Gana?

"Could have used him next to Onana but that may mean we play the ball through midfield...cant have that"

Thats what ive written. Has to be Onana + Garner then we can play the ball through the middle and quickly counter attack.

But Dyche doesnt seem to want to play effective football.

"Could have used him next to Onana but that may mean we play the ball through midfield...cant have that"

Thats what ive written. Has to be Onana + Garner then we can play the ball through the middle and quickly counter attack.

But Dyche doesnt seem to want to play effective football.
What im getting at is, at this season at least Garner has been playing on the right in order for him to play with onana centrally someone would need to go on the right and in my opinion mcneil is a good option, so to fit garner in would you have picked him in front of Gana?

so the mids would look ?

-----------Garner--Onana---------
Mcneill----------------- Danjuma
--------------Doucoure-----------

is that what you mean? , if so I'd definitely give that a shot

What im getting at is, at this season at least Garner has been playing on the right in order for him to play with onana centrally someone would need to go on the right and in my opinion mcneil is a good option, so to fit garner in would you have picked him in front of Gana?

so the mids would look ?

-----------Garner--Onana---------
Mcneill----------------- Danjuma
--------------Doucoure-----------

is that what you mean? , if so I'd definitely give that a shot

Yes, thats exactly what I mean.

Though, Id use DCL instead of Doucoure.

Ok realistically is there an alternative that is out there that could do more with this team.

Obviously we are running out of time and a change could come but..

Pickford Viginia Lonergan Crelin
Young Godfrey Tark Branthwaite Keane Mylo Patterson Coleman (eventually)
Gana Ganer Onana McNeil Danjuma Doucoure Harrison Onyango Dobbin Alli (?) Gomes (?)
Beto DCL Chermiti

Who is a person who has a style that could compliment this squad. Is Dyche selling this squad short? Does the gameplan suit them?
Lopetegui

Main things I want to see Dyche prioritise now is coaching Garner & Onana to work out how to be a double pivot that offers also something going forwards & the set pieces.

Getting Young off them & having some basic variety is obvious but defending them too.

We have a tall side. Most teams this season are playing set pieces short & working into the box with quick passes yet we’re still slow to react.

777 acquired Genoa in September '21 and they made managerial change in early November. Shevchenko for Bellardino and he lasted just three months.

Next up was Alexander Blessin, a guy made at Red Bull - he relegated them and was sacked following season after failing to win in 5 games. He was described by Genoa goalkeeper as the worst manager he ever worked with.

After that they installed Alberto Gillardino as an interim and he guided them back to Serie A.

So far they picked two shocking managers in Shevchenko and Blessin, so it doesnt look too optimistic I'd say.