2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’d give him the Bournemouth game and if we have not progressed points or performance wise to the extent we hope then I would normally advocate binning him, but I think it’s madness to sack another manager and to then rely on the same idiots to replace him with a more successful manager. The lunatic incumbents have shown they are incapable of appointing a decent manager. To be fair, I’m not sure many manager would fancy taking us based on our players alone. Our players simply aren’t very good.

It’s a comparison that’s been made loads but it’s apples and oranges because that’s the result of a long term plan and stability and we have neither we’re just cobbling a team together of misfits and players collected by different managers with different ideas.

I disagree. It's two football teams playing football - it's apples and apples. The lack of comparison is the football styles of the managers.

My point is the money that has been spent shouldn't matter in situations like this. They went to Old Trafford and played with Welbeck and Lallana as well as five free transfers in the team and pumped Man Utd playing great football - all of it facilitated by their new manager. We watched our manager struggle to make substitutions that made sense, had wingers playing as full backs practically all game and hoofing the ball forward hoping for the best. Then at the end he blamed the players.

I disagree. It's two football teams playing football - it's apples and apples. The lack of comparison is the football styles of the managers.

My point is the money that has been spent shouldn't matter in situations like this. They went to Old Trafford and played with Welbeck and Lallana as well as five free transfers in the team and pumped Man Utd playing great football - all of it facilitated by their new manager. We watched our manager struggle to make substitutions that made sense, had wingers playing as full backs practically all game and hoofing the ball forward hoping for the best. Then at the end he blamed the players.
Brighton put together a 30 pass move culminating in one of there goals we struggle to put 3 passes together

I honestly think changing manager again is going to be depleting - ive no doubt we would do it hoping for a bounce - there is a culture of scapegoating around the club under Moshiri - but we're not attractive and the field is limited we arent attracting better then Dyche.

I expected a relegation battle facing this season, this is what i expected it to look like and there will be highs and lows.

We need to be better and competing with Luton, Burnley, Bourmouth, Wolves, Sheff Utd.

He needs to be better then those managers and we need to be a better team and think he is and we are and i think we will be ok.

Another new dawn and reboot - it only comes when all hope is lost for me.

We have to stop it, changing manager every six months is burying this club.
We haven't played that bad apart from the Villa and Arsenal games. We'd have got points early on if we'd have had Beto and Danjuma.

Still, there'll be no excuse if we dont conjure up another 4/5 points from the next three.

As much as I dont want more instability, you have to say that if we only have 3 or 4 points (or less) from 8 games then we'll need a drastic shake up.

I’d give him the Bournemouth game and if we have not progressed points or performance wise to the extent we hope then I would normally advocate binning him, but I think it’s madness to sack another manager and to then rely on the same idiots to replace him with a more successful manager. The lunatic incumbents have shown they are incapable of appointing a decent manager. To be fair, I’m not sure many manager would fancy taking us based on our players alone. Our players simply aren’t very good.
If we're still winless heading into the October international break then it becomes really difficult to justify giving him the rest of the season regardless..

Feel like this is identical to the Bournemouth games last year. We should’ve pulled the trigger then and we should be doing it now. We’ve showed absolutely no signs of moving forward or being better defensively. He has to go now , very worrying that I’ve seen no reports that he’s under pressure considering what he’s served up.

We haven't played that bad apart from the Villa and Arsenal games. We'd have got points early on if we'd have had Beto and Danjuma.

Still, there'll be no excuse if we dont conjure up another 4/5 points from the next three.

As much as I dont want more instability, you have to say that if we only have 3 or 4 points (or less) from 8 games then we'll need a drastic shake up.

Doncaster first half was probably the worst half of football I've ever seen. Against a league two side. Granted we got the result in the end but that was another mess under Dyche.

They'll do the same to us on November 4th at Goodison and Dyche won't have a clue how to handle their style, movement and flair.
Oh man this website is killing me today. Remind me what happened last time Dyche had to deal with Brighton's style movement and flair?

And we got other people saying '...Big Dunc would get more out of this lot'. We are only minutes away from the first 'GIVE IT DUNC WITH BIG JOE UPSTAIRS!!' shouts.

Time to hit the gym and stay away from this website for a blessed few hours.

Perfectly put mate.

De zerbi is a much better manager than dyche obviously but the point is they’ve bought players to suit a style and a system and they’ve been developing their scouting network and recruitment strategy for years to get to this point it’s not the same as coming in and having a fire sale of good players and scrapping round trying to find loans and people to accept no money up front to replace them with if you can’t see that then either you’re an idiot or you just don’t want to.

De zerbi is a much better manager than dyche obviously but the point is they’ve bought players to suit a style and a system and they’ve been developing their scouting network and recruitment strategy for years to get to this point it’s not the same as coming in and having a fire sale of good players and scrapping round trying to find loans and people to accept no money up front to replace them with if you can’t see that then either you’re an idiot or you just don’t want to.
Agree with this but how do you explain the 5-1 at Brighton? We need to show the players that game before every match .

Agree with this but how do you explain the 5-1 at Brighton? We need to show the players that game before every match .
That’s just football isn’t it that day we got our tactics right and everything went right for us some days the opposite happens it’s just how it works especially when you’re a poor team. I think people have gone OTT about yesterday we were passive and I get that people don’t like it but it’s not like we’ve not seen it a thousand times before under everyone from moyes to ancelotti you’d think it was the first time we’ve ever tried to park the bus in a home game reading some of the reactions.