2023/24 Sean Dyche

A few months ago many of us said that the 5-1 was a fluke and we were told it's not true so I dunno, apparently goals galore despite averaging, what, less than 1 per game for his entire managerial career? lol
Dyche's supporters talk about his one season in Europe with Burnley and the game against Brighton as if they are the norm rather than exceedingly obvious outliers. Then, unabashedly, accuse everyone else of cherry picking data. It's like an episode of Brass Eye.

I would like to see when he has harrison in this team and with mcneil hopefully looking better what his plan is. I thought he would be trying to use the width, also dont get what he is telling the fb we need them to take some risk and try to over lap to create space. For a prem team to not be able to even play at simple pass is on the manager even in the cup we got out played
It'll be wingers bombing up and down the flanks, the fullbacks not crossing the halfway line and everything will aimed at throwing crosses in.

Dyche's supporters talk about his one season in Europe with Burnley and the game against Brighton as if they are the norm rather than exceedingly obvious outliers. Then, unabashedly, accuse everyone else of cherry picking data. It's like an episode of Brass Eye.
400 games, 1 goal a game. But the 5-1 where literally all 5 shots on target go in somehow is "the norm".

Naturally. lol

I was thinking they'd probably give him the derby too. We're obviously going to get absolutely battered at the pit and they probably don't want a new manager starting off like that. That being said, it's Everton so who knows?!
A loss at Brentford next Saturday and the pressure on the manager dials up a couple of notches and each game after that without a good result then the pressure will get intense very quickly.

The ownership situation may afford him some time as Moshiri probably won't sack him and the new owners have their own battles to face before they are approved. The board is probably completely non functioning at the moment and I doubt Kevin Thelwell has the authority to sack anybody.

We keep going like this we are 100% going to be relegated. That was horrendous yesterday.

Carsley would never stand for a performance like that at home in particular. 78% possession to the visiting team. Embarrassing
Won't even say it's embarrassing to have low % possession - I'd be okay with it if we had some sort of gameplan or anything.

We woke up for the last ~10, the plan before that was "everyone behind the ball and hope for the best".

That's the embarrassing part.

The issue I have is there doesn’t seem to be a gameplan

Players can have off days, their crosses go everywhere, they’re tired and slow to react - it’s part of being human.

What I won’t accept, and this was the same with lampard and Fat Kopite Rat, is the complete lack of identity. We get the ball and go back, to watch Pickford hoof it to a lone striker, who is again isolated because the manager wants as many people behind the ball as possible

I don’t think I’ve seen us have any form of play; something that you can clearly see has been worked on in training. It’s like 11 lads randomly put together and told to enjoy the game

Look at the counter attack we had 2nd half and the ball comes out to Doucoure and instead of backing himself to try and take a man on, slows everything down and it ends up back at the centre halves.

Absolute bottle jobs on important phases.

A loss at Brentford next Saturday and the pressure on the manager dials up a couple of notches and each game after that without a good result then the pressure will get intense very quickly.

The ownership situation may afford him some time as Moshiri probably won't sack him and the new owners have their own battles to face before they are approved. The board is probably completely non functioning at the moment and I doubt Kevin Thelwell has the authority to sack anybody.
1pt from 6 games after that fixture list will be totally unacceptable

The next few games are massive now. Will he change the midfield 3. Will he change his flaws which other managers are highlighting. No wins from these next few and he is the most serious threat to surviving again coz going down will mean administration and that cant be allowed to happen.

Another reason I don't like Dyche
1: Young on set pieces, it hasn't worked all season, he keeps putting corners straight into Keeper, so ok let's change things up, No exactly the same even though McNeil is back.

2: Half time yesterday every man and his dog could see his tactics were not working, standing off Arsenal letting them play and pick what passes they wanted, so ok let's change things up, No exactly the same 2nd half, stand off until we conceade.

3: Same 3 in midfield Onana Doucoure and Gana No creativity at all, so let's change it up, No same 3 just a different week.

4: We never look like scoring, this is why the fans are so flat and deflated, no atmosphere nothing to get excited about, it's why fans were leaving the ground with 5 minutes to play and only losing 1-0 they just knew nothing will happen, why because the man on the touchline in the white shirt and bald head, crokey voice wafting his arms around has not got a clue.

The problem is we are a deeply unbalanced side, I can't understand how under Moyes we had less money, yet had a much more balanced side. After a as a creative midfielder, Pienaar and Baines working together on the left. Carsley, Neville and Felaini as defensive midfielders. Under Martinez you had Barry who was comfortable on the ball, McCarthy who could run and Barkley was better then. Plus players like Mirallas and Gerry on the wing, add to that Coleman who helped out. The problem yesterday is you had a 38 year old Ashley Young playing at right back, Mickey at left back, hes a good defender, not that great at attacking. Danjuma would of been ok on the left, if we had Lucas Digne, McNeil would of been good on the right if Coleman was there. The problem was we had no creativity on the wings or the centre. Gueye is an alright DM, but he needs a player whose comfortable in possession, good at passing or an engine in midfield. He had Onana who was completely anonymous, I don't know what he does, Doucore is never in control of the ball, and loses it all the time. What's the point of playing long balls to Beto then DCL is they have nobody to knock the ball on to. The failure to bring in someone who is actually comfortable on the ball has cost us.

Look at the counter attack we had 2nd half and the ball comes out to Doucoure and instead of backing himself to try and take a man on, slows everything down and it ends up back at the centre halves.

Absolute bottle jobs on important phases.

The blame culture of losing the ball is the main reason why no players are taking risks. Safe option will only lead to slow build up, and slow build up will inevitably create an even bigger problem to score when the opponent had time to set up a defensive shape.

Vicious cycle is killing us.

We suck because we don’t have an actual right wing and we don’t have competent fullbacks. Having a creative player in the middle would help but the issue is 100 percent the width and has been for a while.

….you recruit the players that fit the way you want to play. Having the right blend is really important so players certainly matter. If you pass like Brighton, you need players who are comfortable in possession.
I'm not saying players don't matter. But are you trying to say that if Wellbeck and Lallana played for us they would be playing as well as they're playing for Brighton. I don't think so and that's down to tactics, coaching and training.