2023/24 Sean Dyche

Think your bang on the money here mate.

One of the issues any manager has here is he has to act like he’s managing a big club, despite having severe limits this leads to a lack of overall identity and undermines results particularly at home and has done under many managers now.

Take the last few games, people were calling him to conservative and not up to manageung a big voluble by playing conservatively against Arsenal, because we’re a big club. We go out and attack Luton at home because we’re a big club and leave gaps and he’s tactically naive. People don’t know what they want. But worse the club struggles with an identity in games. We often don’t know whether to be on the front foot or not or whether we are big club or a club with limits bobbing around relegation, this has been a trend for years under many managers and varies from fixture to fixture. This thread is indicative of the
spectrum.

If I was critiquing Dyche, I’d agree with you, I think he’s tried to appease to much, whether that fans, media, prving he can manage at a higher level or showing alternate styles of play. But look let’s not knee jerk that’s out third game in a week and two were wins.

It’s about balance now, it’s about identityheadung into the long term - I’d personally think he should trust himself more.

What we know doesn’t work, is sacking a manager every six months, staying up by a hairsbreth, spending 10s of millions on that managers players, then sack them when they don’t win every game at the start of the season. Its not about whether Dyche should stay or go really - the cycle needs to be broken, because it incrementally get worse every time.

Dyche out calls will always be right, it’s the easy shout as invariably every PL manager will be sacked. However the systemic cyclical damage has a massively destructive trend. Self abuse really.

Were reliant on developing players due to lack of funds -- hes showing he cant develop and only will misuse young players.

We have one of if not the tallest team in the league but will be one of if not the worst at set pieces -- which should be an easy win for him. Were giving games away due to his poor or lack of, coaching.

He cant setup a midfield, there isnt any style of play and he has a clear inability in team selection and such negative mindsets give away pts before even the game started yesterday. No one would have picked that team.

I see no advantage to him or a single benefit he is bringing.

Luton Town. Yes, Luton Town at home.

Puts Garner on the wing to be cautious when we have 2 proper wingers and takes Garner out of midfield where he should have been. To be cautious at home against Luton Town. One more time: Luton Town.

He's a disgrace, only dinosaur managers like Allerdyce and Gary Megson do this. Even Roy Hodgson has adapted his style to the modern game, and he's 107 years old ffs.

Get him sacked for god sake.

There's one silver lining here: I've just looked at our fixture list and after we almost certainly lose to Bournemouth next week (as he'll set us up the exact same way, let's be honest, a monkey could figure out how to beat us at home if Luton can) he'll be close to the sack.

PLUS after next week, we don't have what you'd call another banker 3 points home fixture until February and that's Palace. We have a run in of them after that, so thankfully this idiot should be long gone by then and won't be able to mess anymore of them up. That's what I'm clinging onto at the moment because I'm ready to rip my teeth out with this doughnut in charge.

Think your bang on the money here mate.

One of the issues any manager has here is he has to act like he’s managing a big club, despite having severe limits this leads to a lack of overall identity and undermines results particularly at home and has done under many managers now.

Take the last few games, people were calling him to conservative and not up to manageung a big club by playing conservatively against Arsenal, because we’re a big club. We go out and attack Luton at home because we’re a big club and leave gaps and he’s tactically naive. People don’t know what they want. But worse the club struggles with an identity in games. We often don’t know whether to be on the front foot or not or whether we are big club or a club with limits bobbing around relegation, this has been a trend for years under many managers and varies from fixture to fixture in how we set up and approach games. This thread is also indicative of the spectrum.

If I was critiquing Dyche, I’d agree with you, I think he’s tried to appease to much, whether thats fans, media, proving he can manage at a higher level or showing alternate styles of play. But look let’s not knee jerk that’s out third game in a week and two were wins.

It’s about balance now, it’s about identityheadung into the long term - I’d personally think he should trust himself more.

What we know doesn’t work, is sacking a manager every six months, staying up by a hairsbreth, spending 10s of millions on that managers players, then sack them when they don’t win every game at the start of the season. Its not about whether Dyche should stay or go really - the cycle needs to be broken, because it incrementally get worse every time.

Dyche out calls will always be right, it’s the easy shout as invariably every PL manager will be sacked. However the systemic cyclical damage has a massively destructive trend. Self abuse really.

Once Harrison is fit you'll see Garner in the middle and things will be much smoother but I still think a back 3 is the way to go.

Branthwaite has a bright future ahead of him but I'm not sold on his marking/positioning at times and both Myko and Young are not good enough to be starting games for us.

Ultimately the defence is average to poor minus Tarks and is shielded by an aging Gueye who doesnt have the zip he once did.

Were reliant on developing players due to lack of funds -- hes showing he cant develop and only will misuse young players.

We have one of if not the tallest team in the league but will be one of if not the worst at set pieces -- which should be an easy win for him. Were giving games away due to his poor or lack of, coaching.

He cant setup a midfield, there isnt any style of play and he has a clear inability in team selection and such negative mindsets give away pts before even the game started yesterday. No one would have picked that team.

I see no advantage to him or a single benefit he is bringing.

You just can’t apply that post to the Brentford or Villa games though can you mate.

Also developing players like say Branthwaite, Garner & Onana all of whom have had brilliant games this week - is going to be boom and bust, it’s part of doing it. As we see from last Sat to this.

Once Harrison is fit you'll see Garner in the middle and things will be much smoother but I still think a back 3 is the way to go.

Branthwaite has a bright future ahead of him but I'm not sold on his marking/positioning at times and both Myko and Young are not good enough to be starting games for us.

Ultimately the defence is average to poor minus Tarks and is shielded by an aging Gueye who doesnt have the zip he once did.

All of that mate. Agree completely.

Coleman will be a steadying influence when back to. The players dissolved yesterday after the goals, frustrating.

We lack a bridge midfield have done for a while, it’s the players we have, often defense, midfield and attack just are islands alone.

Who's he blaming this time?
"I am disappointed in the result, obviously," said Dyche. "On the performance it is broken-record time.

"We dominated so much of the game and gave away really poor goals and didn't take our chances. I have spoken endlessly about changing the story and it is our responsibility. We had a brilliant chance today.

"A platform to begin the process of changing the story, the depth of it over the last two years, all of the noise - and we didn't take it.

"That is no disrespect to Luton - they have worked hard and done exactly what you do when you are new to the division."

Hes blaming the noise yet again.

"I am disappointed in the result, obviously," said Dyche. "On the performance it is broken-record time.

"We dominated so much of the game and gave away really poor goals and didn't take our chances. I have spoken endlessly about changing the story and it is our responsibility. We had a brilliant chance today.

"A platform to begin the process of changing the story, the depth of it over the last two years, all of the noise - and we didn't take it.

"That is no disrespect to Luton - they have worked hard and done exactly what you do when you are new to the division."

Hes blaming the noise yet again.

Clock is ticking on the scotch egg I feel.

Gary O'Neil wolves have played Man City Man Utd Liverpool and Brighton so far. He has 7 points...

He took the job 3 days before the start of the season with zero transfer budget and best player sold.

Just in case Dyche gives anymore we're lucky to have him vibe interviews.

He done a great job last season with Bournemouth last year … not sure what happened but he deffo didn’t deserve to lose his job based on the teams performance