2023/24 Sean Dyche

What annoys me is that we had momentum, we had back to back away wins against very good PL sides and then we go ultra negative and conservative in a home game against the worst side in the league. It is inexcusable despite the chances created and xG spoken about. We will never succeed or do anything of note with Dyche because he cares too much about preservation. We don't control the game enough in all facets which means we ultimately fail in the facet Dyche tries to control which is the limitation of chances. Once we go a goal down in a game it's done.

The way we played second half on Saturday was absolutely appalling. Just decided to lump straight balls up the field or down the channel and gave up any attempts to play football. We played right into their hands and made it as easy as we could

The manager has to take full responsibility for such a woeful performance in such a basic and old fashioned game plan. We won't win at home unless we tighten up enormously at the back, and until we put together some patterns of play that will help us sustain attacks. The defending is arguably the biggest concern because teams know they can sit right back and wait for our defensive structure to fall apart because we are disorganised and poorly coached. The set pieces are inexcusable and the way we defend our box so narrowly is some of the most bizarre tactics I've ever seen. Whoever came up with the idea hasn't a clue about football.

The biggest problem is the manager is not used to winning, has no record of winning at any time in his career in this league, and doesn't have the same expectations as the fans. Everton fans expect home wins and if he doesn't like it, then I'm afraid he's managing the wrong club. I don't want to hear about details anymore - there is absolutely nothing to like about this Everton team and you can always predict in advance when they will let you down. If he instilled some standards and a proper culture into the group, that performance does not happen.

What annoys me is that we had momentum, we had back to back away wins against very good PL sides and then we go ultra negative and conservative in a home game against the worst side in the league. It is inexcusable despite the chances created and xG spoken about. We will never succeed or do anything of note with Dyche because he cares too much about preservation. We don't control the game enough in all facets which means we ultimately fail in the facet Dyche tries to control which is the limitation of chances. Once we go a goal down in a game it's done.
Been mentioned for a while now the goals conceded is the worry. One thing I expected from Dyche was to make us difficult to score against. Nothing of the sort just as bad as previous seasons. The back line has been awful for seasons be it structurally or individual mistakes. That's the detail I was hoping that would be sorted. Until that story changes we will be in relegation fights

If Dyche sticks with the same starting players and formation for the Bournemouth game, we might nick a win if they are none the wiser (neutralize Billing and such). But the problem is that Dyche does not seem to know why that is the case and that is quite clearly the difference between a rotten manager and a halfway decent manager.

Been mentioned for a while now the goals conceded is the worry. One thing I expected from Dyche was to make us difficult to score against. Nothing of the sort just as bad as previous seasons. The back line has been awful for seasons be it structurally or individual mistakes. That's the detail I was hoping that would be sorted. Until that story changes we will be in relegation fights
The most worrying thing for me is that over his entire managerial career, of over 400 games, his teams average around 1.1 goals a game

That’s an accident waiting to happen

He cant do a burnley here and park the midfield bus in front of the back four. Thats partly why it was seen that burnley had a good defence. It was two banks of four.

The way we played second half on Saturday was absolutely appalling. Just decided to lump straight balls up the field or down the channel and gave up any attempts to play football. We played right into their hands and made it as easy as we could

The manager has to take full responsibility for such a woeful performance in such a basic and old fashioned game plan. We won't win at home unless we tighten up enormously at the back, and until we put together some patterns of play that will help us sustain attacks. The defending is arguably the biggest concern because teams know they can sit right back and wait for our defensive structure to fall apart because we are disorganised and poorly coached. The set pieces are inexcusable and the way we defend our box so narrowly is some of the most bizarre tactics I've ever seen. Whoever came up with the idea hasn't a clue about football.

The biggest problem is the manager is not used to winning, has no record of winning at any time in his career in this league, and doesn't have the same expectations as the fans. Everton fans expect home wins and if he doesn't like it, then I'm afraid he's managing the wrong club. I don't want to hear about details anymore - there is absolutely nothing to like about this Everton team and you can always predict in advance when they will let you down. If he instilled some standards and a proper culture into the group, that performance does not happen.
It was a terrible result, and the comments on the 2nd half are fair.

Dyche's struggled this season after a brilliant effort, near 'revolution' in last season's team in both defence and midfield (inc no full-backs, forwards and getting a tune from McNeil, Iwobi, Doucoure - all of whom have plenty of criticism on this forum).

It's odd that it's in precisely the same areas we're now losing games. You're right, defensive lapses and no game plan going forward - which leaves the forwards we now have without service.

Is it the same players need to tune back in to Dyche and get going, again? He did beast them last year, and they responded.

He is mis-using DCL big time, and also not playing Beto and Danjuma enough both who need games, goals and confidence. McNeil and Harrison need game time. Garner needs to play in position. If Dyche keeps making these mistakes he will push himself out.

I'd rather he learns the lessons but he couldn't have got it more wrong in front of 777 on Saturday.

It's the set up to defend set pieces that is really doing my nut in......every game we look like we'll concede from them no matter the level we are playing...doncaster or a prem team.
I remember Carlo getting pelters from commentators cos of how he always set up really deep from free kicks...but hes the only one for a long time who made us look solid defending set pieces!