2023/24 Sean Dyche

If you wanted Lampard out, you should want him out too.

…I think he’s a better level to Lampard but I agree that results are a concern.

We go and beat Brentford and Villa, the ‘Dyche Out’ brigade are quiet. I’d be more inclined to be onside if the doubters posted when we look good, because we do look good at times.

I’m not pretending to know the answers, I won’t die in a ditch defending Dyche but I’m far from convinced more change will be anything more than disruptive. The fact we look so good at times encourages me more than discourages me about Dyche, but Luton was a disaster.

i’m 100% behind sticking with him at this point.

We go and beat Brentford and Villa, the ‘Dyche Out’ brigade are quiet. I’d be more inclined to be onside if the doubters posted when we look good, because we do look good at times.

I’m not pretending to know the answers, I won’t die in a ditch defending Dyche but I’m far from convinced more change will be anything more than disruptive. The fact we look so good at times encourages me more than discourages me about Dyche, but Luton was a disaster.

So you’d rather people knee jerk week to week based on the result of the day than actually form an opinion of a manager over a prolonged period of time? As part of the “Dyche out brigade”, I don’t believe he is the right man for the job and don’t think he will keep us up, that opinion didn’t change after we beat Brentford and Villa, so why would I come out and start lauding him and saying “sorry lads I got it wrong, what a manager, hope we keep him”? Only to then flip back to my original opinion because we lost to Luton? Nah. He’s a poor manager and it’s a matter of time before he’s sacked. Beating Bournemouth this weekend doesn’t change that either.

You mean when they made less changes to their starting 11 than we did and then in the second half had virtually their strongest team apart from the keeper on the pitch?

It was a great result for us against a strong villa side. But it’s a huge outlier for Dyche.

It was a good win. Im not sure the efl cup was high on their list. Their manager likes Europe. What would have been really good is taking that boost into the luton game, which i think every person thought was going to happen. But trying to make head or tail of Everton right now is a headache.

Disruptive to a team that's already one of the deep favourites to go down anyway?

It was a good win. Im not sure the efl cup was high on their list. Their manager likes Europe. What would have been really good is taking that boost into the luton game, which i think every person thought was going to happen. But trying to make head or tail of Everton right now is a headache.
I agree their manager likes Europe. But you can only go by strength of squad, and they played a strong team. And they also want to win a trophy as it’s been a while for them. If they weren’t bothered, they wouldn’t have brought on the players they did at half time.

We hundred percent should have carried that through and the reason we didn’t was the manager reverting back to his favourites and back to form.

I agree their manager likes Europe. But you can only go by strength of squad, and they played a strong team. And they also want to win a trophy as it’s been a while for them. If they weren’t bothered, they wouldn’t have brought on the players they did at half time.

We hundred percent should have carried that through and the reason we didn’t was the manager reverting back to his favourites and back to form.

They had 6 different players starting in the brighton game a few days later. Everton made a few changes to.
The efl cup isnt a true reflection on the league. Be nice to win it though all day long.

Its the apathy , negative depression reaction I mention mate - flight response. In football there is a high rate of change. To say a manager is going to fail, you are always right, because invariably most will never win the CL, familiarity eventually breeds contempt and eventually they go. It’s not the radical opinion people think it is, it’s actually the safe space conservative view and obvious behaviouaral reaction.

The radical thing now would be to allow time, to build to be brave in the face of adversity. To recognize what people are suggesting to do by changing the manager again during the season - has failed us every season for six seasons - so why do the same thing...

The club and team need stability, I look at the likes of Areta, Frank, Moyes - clubs now with a stable basis who stuck by there managers despair class for otherwise and said and let them build toward relative success and they did.

Everton need this.
Very eloquently put, your last couple of posts.
Your second paragraph is perfectly understandable but I'm becoming entrenched in my belief that we’ve seen enough of Dyche and what he's got to offer, but if he's not shown the door if we get beaten on Saturday, which is where I came in on this discussion, that would be unforgivable.

They had 6 different players starting in the brighton game a few days later. Everton made a few changes to.
The efl cup isnt a true reflection on the league. Be nice to win it though all day long.
Yep, I’ve already acknowledged their changes (more than we made at the start of the game, but they then finished with virtually their strongest 11).

The team they started the second half against us was 9 of the players who started vs Brighton. Other than the keeper and McGinn (they had tielemans on instead vs us).

I want Dyche out, so I’m not trying to defend him, but if anything, they prioritised it more than we did. Then Dyche deceived to force gana and doucoure back in.

Yeah Villa was a great result. They came out full strength second half but through that 45-50 min zone where we often throw away a match after a decent/good first half we stayed very solid and carried on creating. We didn’t just batten down the hatches, we carried on playing the same way and beat them more comfortably than the scoreline.

That one more than Brentford looked exactly how you’d think Dyche has been trying to get them to be mentally. Confidence from Brentford helped, but it did look like the penny had dropped. Wasn’t just Evertonians thinking we had finally worked out how to be effective.

The team that he sent out at Luton was easily strong enough to beat them, but psychologically he slipped up with 4CMs and Young. Was like instead of whispering to the players “we are on fire and these are crap - go and rip them apart from minute one,” he put in their minds “ooo this could be tricky, we need solidity and experience, keep it tight, absolutely no room for swagger today lads” Change the story my hairy arse!!!

The signs from those wins bought him more time for me, but lose the next game and I’m out. Though I also think we have zero chance of attracting anyone decent due to everything going on.

Yeah Villa was a great result. They came out full strength second half but through that 45-50 min zone where we often throw away a match after a decent/good first half we stayed very solid and carried on creating. We didn’t just batten down the hatches, we carried on playing the same way and beat them more comfortably than the scoreline.

That one more than Brentford looked exactly how you’d think Dyche has been trying to get them to be mentally. Confidence from Brentford helped, but it did look like the penny had dropped. Wasn’t just Evertonians thinking we had finally worked out how to be effective.

The team that he sent out at Luton was easily strong enough to beat them, but psychologically he slipped up with 4CMs and Young. Was like instead of whispering to the players “we are on fire and these are crap - go and rip them apart from minute one,” he put in their minds “ooo this could be tricky, we need solidity and experience, keep it tight, absolutely no room for swagger today lads” Change the story my hairy arse!!!

The signs from those wins bought him more time for me, but lose the next game and I’m out. Though I also think we have zero chance of attracting anyone decent due to everything going on.
Forcing gana and doucoure back in will relegate us, regardless of the few goals doucoure will chip in with.

When he brought them on vs villa, the game started turning. It’s pretty obvious to everyone else that onana and garner are our best midfield. And gana and onana don’t work at all.

Yep, I’ve already acknowledged their changes (more than we made at the start of the game, but they then finished with virtually their strongest 11).

The team they started the second half against us was 9 of the players who started vs Brighton. Other than the keeper and McGinn (they had tielemans on instead vs us).

I want Dyche out, so I’m not trying to defend him, but if anything, they prioritised it more than we did. Then Dyche deceived to force gana and doucoure back in.

Look it is what it is mate the efl cup. The fact we went there in the league a few weeks before and got battered 4-0.
Changes, mentality...whatever. its not a reflection on league games.

Forcing gana and doucoure back in will relegate us, regardless of the few goals doucoure will chip in with.

When he brought them on vs villa, the game started turning. It’s pretty obvious to everyone else than onana and garner are our best midfield. And gana and onana don’t work at all.

they’ll be 3 worse teams

i hope but home form is what everyone relies on

so unless that’s fixed as could be screwed