2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’d say it was trying to manage the squad, it was our third game in a week. I mention in my pother post my opinion on our home form mate.

Let’s be honest we’re a team that our fans expect to be on the front foot at home and when we do it we’re vulnerable and get caught, Fulham, Wolves and Arsenal. Do we need to accept that we’re not good enough to go on the front foot against these teams, swallow our big club pride and get results. Expectation Vs reality in my opinion. A lot of managers have struggled with here.

No one wants to be beaten at home by Luton but no one wants to play as pragmatic as we did Vs Arsenal.
I follow your train of thought but with reference to two of the games you mentioned, it was the same old story that we never learned from. Getting caught after being on top until then. Happening too many times on his watch

Blaming the fans for 7 defeats in 8 games.

giphy.gif

You all need to lower your expectations.

Expecting to beat the worst team in the division at home is unrealistic.

Temper those expectations and things will pick up.

Also conceding from set pieces every single game is definitely nothing to do with us being too open and expansive so I’ve got no clue where that idea has come from.

Last edited:
I welcome any points that we win.
I hate points we lose through trying to be too smart. Why mess around with the formation and style when winning those games. That team selection on Saturday was crazy. Our home form ffs against teams, even Arsenal, we should be winning some points against.
As for 18 games, that's a no no.
Absolutely. Really poor poor management, especially given our current situation. There was a window opening here and he didn't have the vision to look through it!

His recent track record, at Burnley points to relegation. We've seen nothing from him to suggest that we'll be any different. Get rid before it's too late.
I suspect that regardless of results then they'll hang on to him until we've learnt of our punishment from the FFP enquiry. A hefty points deduction may mean that they won't waste money changing managers as relegation will follow regardless.

I follow your train of thought but with reference to two of the games you mentioned, it was the same old story that we never learned from. Getting caught after being on top until then. Happening too many times on his watch

Honestly don’t think changing the manager helps at all mate. I genuinely don’t.

I think the fan base is just damaged, it’s been abused and impacted by events of nearly three seasons now. It’s compounded by the realization of the majority in the last year that Moshiri is a loon, we’re skint and the club is a skip fire.

Essentially people are triggered by Everton now, fight or flight you lash out, or you become apathetic, moan and every opinion is just tinged with negative depression. Chaos Reigns in the enviroment, people feel fearful, people feel out of control - when people feel that way they try and exert control over a situation by bringing about change, ergo, in the closed window people want Thelwel out, the board out. In the open season it’s the manager. That feeds in to the atmosphere, without question. There is a diversity amongst the fans base around those range of opinions and that definitely influnesces atmosphere .

I don’t blame anyone for saying they want to change the manger. It’s actually the natural and obvious reaction. I just don’t think it’s the right thing. It’s the midst of chaos, you create stability, not introduce more change.

Honestly don’t think changing the manager helps at all mate. I genuinely don’t.

I think the fan base is just damaged, it’s been abused and impacted by events of nearly three seasons now. It’s compounded by the realization of the majority in the last year that Moshiri is a loon, we’re skint and the club is a skip fire.

Essentially people are triggered by Everton now, fight or flight you lash out, or you become apathetic. Chaos Raines, people feel fearful, people feel out of control - when people feel that way they try and exert control over a situation by bringing about change, ergo, in the closed window people want Thelwel out, the board out. In the open season it’s the manger. That feeds in to the atmosphere, without question. There is a diversity amongst the fans base around those range of opinions and that definitely influnescex atmosphere .

I don’t blame anyone for saying they want to change the manger. It’s actually the natural and obvious reaction. I just don’t think it’s the right thing. It’s the midst of chaos, you create stability, not introduce more change.

You also have the death cult who thrive on misery and love scare mongering the already fearful masses who dont help matters. The highlight being a poster who was gushing over the manager Wednesday, saying it was a marvelous performance and a perfect use of a 343 system. Fast forward 3 days and said poster is publishing a "sack the manager" thread lol lol 🤦‍♂️

You also have the death cult who thrive on misery and love scare mongering the already fearful masses who dont help matters. The highlight being a poster who was gushing over the manager Wednesday, saying it was a marvelous performance and a perfect use of a 343 system. Fast forward 3 days and said poster is publishing a "sack the manager" thread lol lol 🤦‍♂️
Yes it was you absolute bandit

Then he played 4-5-1 against Luton town and didn’t create a single chance in 55 minutes of football

Then again, you are a known kopite wum

Its the apathy , negative depression reaction I mention mate - flight response. In football there is a high rate of change. To say a manager is going to fail, you are always right, because invariably most will never win the CL, familiarity eventually breeds contempt and eventually they go. It’s not the radical opinion people think it is, it’s actually the safe space conservative view and obvious behaviouaral reaction.

The radical thing now would be to allow time, to build to be brave in the face of adversity. To recognize what people are suggesting to do by changing the manager again during the season - has failed us every season for six seasons - so why do the same thing...

The club and team need stability, I look at the likes of Areta, Frank, Moyes - clubs now with a stable basis who stuck by there managers despair class for otherwise and said and let them build toward relative success and they did.

Everton need this.

So what youre saying is in your brain gushing over someone then wanting them sacked in the space of 3 days is perfectly logical ?

Unbelievable Jeff lol
Yes, and I’ll celebrate when he does.

Mad the way you support the demise of this club and try to sell yourself has a blue.

Do your patreons believe you mert?

Nah. Lampard's dismissal came in exactly these circumstances.
No it didn’t. Up to our necks in debt, living hand to mouth with loans keeping us going. We are one decision away from possible administration here, no way they spend the money on yet another manager and pay offs until we are sold or insolvent.