2023/24 Sean Dyche

Said it in the Midfield thread, the not playing Garner centrally and having to include Onana and Gueye is very Moyes. A few times Moyes stumbled on his best teams after reluctantly changing things up out of necessity.

Think Lescott at left back over Baines because Moyes was worried about aerial threats. Or Arteta wide because he thought he wasn't 'ready' to play centrally.

Rigidity and stubbornness.

Incredibly harsh on Moyes. Lescott was brilliant at left back and Baines benefited from being able to bed in slowly - a luxury none of our new signings these days usually get.

Also worth pointing out Arteta was brilliant playing inside right winning consecutive player of the year awards. When he did struggle for form in that area, Moyes did move him inside.

Incredibly harsh on Moyes. Lescott was brilliant at left back and Baines benefited from being able to bed in slowly - a luxury none of our new signings these days usually get.

Also worth pointing out Arteta was brilliant playing inside right winning consecutive player of the year awards. When he did struggle for form in that area, Moyes did move him inside.
Na, not harsh at all.

Something that impressed me is that at point in the second half after Harrison came off and Patterson came on, the entire team were compact to the left side of the pitch. This fluidness of movement and solidness of structure gives some nice jello vibes.

Just checked and saw Lescott got the player of the year award while playing left back for the majority of games too 😂

I'd say slating a manager for not moving players in the form of their career is pretty harsh but you crack on.
Yes mate, but I seem to recall Yobo stinking the gaff out and Lescott being an extremely able centre half alongside Jagielka. Moyes refused to play Baines at left back until injury forced him to. Lo! Magic improvement in our fortunes at that time.

Stubborn as you like he was. As is Dyche, which is my point with certain managers - they'll just stick with something regardless.

Just a word of caution, if Gueye hadn't been injured in the warm up we wouldn't have had the Garner Onana pairing dominating central midfield. Dyche will, in all probability, put Gueye back in as soon as he is fit, because, premier league experience init, Ashley Young is another example. The victory today, as welcome as it was, was gifted to Dyche by Gueye's injury and helped along by the referee not awarding Bournemouth a clear penalty for Ashley Young's blatant hand ball.

Let's hope he has learned his lesson and perseveres with Garner and Onana in the middle, I'm not sure the stubborn dinosaur will though.
He's already lost Keane, and that was hard enough on him. He's gonna grip on to Gana and Young as long as he can.

Like I've mentioned before, the bloke ( even tho he knows it ) is far to stubborn to accept he could be wrong..
achievements with Everton mean nothing compared to the personal achievement of him being right. So he will fight hard for Keane, Gana + Young..

If Gana's injury and the teamsheet yesterday hadn't been known, and we praised him for his choice to play Onana instead, then that possibly would have helped with the Gana situation.

if he believes that the football community believe these are his outright decisions, he will feel good. maybe that is how we have to beat him regarding team selection !!

He was playing Garner over Onana last season based on form. Even his starting line up today before Gueye’s injury had Garner over Onana.

When Dyche makes mistakes it’s his fault, if he does something right it’s because it was dead obvious or the fans pressured him into it apparently.

Can just see Dyche reading twitter in his office all day ‘blimey maybe I should play Branthwaite over Keane, might give it a whirl next game’ ‘ooh Garner in the middle instead of out wide is getting a mention’
Lol I can actually see him doing that

Jury out still for me. Happy with yesterdays win and performance but it concerns me that he was going to play 2 DM again if it weren’t for Gueye’s injury. Strikes me as stubborn with his selections. The Luton defeat still eats away at me as well. On the other hand we’ve created a lot of chances in games and if not for poor finishing we’d have a couple more wins. But we are where we are. I really hope he can turn things round because we really don’t need another managerial change with all the other goings on

I do not think Dyche is nearly as stubborn as some on here want to make him out to be, I think we have just forgotten what a truly stubborn manager looks like. Hes benched Keane, and hes started playing Garner through the middle and playing out-and-out wingers. While these have not happened on nearly the same timeline as fans would like, I can remember multiple managers in recent history that literally would not consider a single change to what they were doing until they were sacked.

What many may not realize is... we are 2nd in the league in shots, 5th in shots on target, 6th in shots allowed, 6th in shots allowed on target, so good on both sides of the ball. Through 90% of the pitch we have dominated but its the final balls on both ends of the pitch that have done us in, and he probably is confident that those will start to even out.

I complained about Benitez Allardyce and Dyche, why do you think that is? One is a horrible kopite and the other 2 are born losers.

Some fans need to cheer up? id guess you're a happy clapper then.
Maybe you're happy just watching a game of football at the weekend and there is nothing wrong with that, but don't have a go at fans for wanting better than what we are getting served up.

Some, actually most fans lives revolve around this football club and maybe you myself and thousands of others have invested our time and hard earned money into following them for decades with very little in return.

Mediocrity is rife right through the club and sadly over the last 20-30 years its become acceptable to our fan base.

I want a manager who isn't a a born loser
A manager who has had success in improving players and teams
A manager who sets a team up to to try and win every game we play

Is that too much to ask for as an Everton fan who have been in top flight football for over 60 years and is around the 6-7th most successful English club?
Yawn the anti Everton stance is getting boring. The club need stability and some who can build on a budget and harvest a stronger mentality. He has been successful at both.

Let’s change the manager and I am
sure the mediocrity you talk about will change over night.

Bournemouth got their supposed born winner. How has that turned out?

Just because you think a change will improve things, that’s just not reality.