6 + 2 Point Deductions

The majority of people who are likely to be on any of these panels for the Premier league will have some links or jobs previously with clubs in the Premier League.

It is a boys club, the people on the appeals panel will no doubt be mates with the previous panel.
I think people with experience in football is part of the criteria in choosing the panel. Also someone in law
They can't have someone with links to Everton obviously so we can't point at their club links as an issue, just at their reasoning behind the punishment which is a bit pick and mix at best

If you only get a fine for breaking p&s rules there's nothing to stop Newcastle spending £1 billion on players and then just paying the fine
Forgive me like, but it seems you are OK with the points deduction when it is the most unfair punishment meted out and is not based on any clear and illustrated rationale, for that reason alone, it is unacceptable.

If you only get a fine for breaking p&s rules there's nothing to stop Newcastle spending £1 billion on players and then just paying the fine
Yes there is. Our punishment stems from trying to build a new stadium, create jobs and regenerate one of the most deprived areas of the entire country. If we must be punished for this, then a fine is more than sufficient. If Newcastle go and spend a billion on players, then that is a sporting issue and the punishment should fit the crime. At the moment, Everton’s punishment in no way fits their wrong doings.

Does it mean banned from selling as well ??

Off the top of my head, not sure tbh.

It would be an effective deterrent though, if implemented correctly. Say a one window ban for every £10 million overspent. Sure, some clubs might take that on the chin for one window, but you'd be unlikely to see anybody going (for example) £100 million over, as that would stop them buying for ten windows/five years.

When we do win and get our points back, are we then in a position to sue the Premier League for reputational damage and the like?

We really should be looking at that, make a point of pointing the finger at the PL
Good point mate.
I also think all the fan groups get together and sue the premier League for everything they’ve got.
Can’t punish fans etc. Stress levels of our supporters and the fact we have all spent money for tickets and travelling for games that points have been taken away.
This unjust punishment should be taken to the high court from every angle.
This kangaroo court of the Premier League regardless of league rules brings employment law and Hume’s rights issues into play and in my opinion must be unlawful.
Go for the throat.

Off the top of my head, not sure tbh.

It would be an effective deterrent though, if implemented correctly. Say a one window ban for every £10 million overspent. Sure, some clubs might take that on the chin for one window, but you'd be unlikely to see anybody going (for example) £100 million over, as that would stop them buying for ten windows/five years.

Great idea, but given the inflated prices of today's players, it would be more realistic for a transfer ban every 20 million over. Sort of what we should have received. And it would force clubs to start improving their academies.

Let's hope they don't need to be.
According to this, we have to.

The Premier League have introduced a new rule following Everton's Financial Fair Play charges last season which compels clubs with a recent history of overspending to submit their accounts three months before the rest of the top flight.

Under Rule E.48 clubs who are forecasting losses must file audited accounts to the Premier League by December 31 rather than the standard March 31 deadline.

The new regulation is an attempt by the Premier League to ensure that any disciplinary cases arising from alleged breaches of FFP rules are dealt with before the end of the same season.

It is Ratt Hughes, so take it with a grain of salt.