2023/24 Dele

Get where you are coming from but he's not on a normal person's salary is he?
And? Like, genuinely, and? I'm fairly confident that if I was in his situation, I'd swap all the money and fame I earned to not be abused as a child.

To bring money and status and all that into it, is in my humble opinion crass at the very best.
The Dyche magic has worked on Gomes but getting Dele to play well would be
too much for even Harry Potter's leadership group.

He was utter crap before his injury so he would need a massive improvement injection.
No, EFC is saddled with the professional victim/playboy/chancer until June.
Mate, that's a bellend comment.

I've said some bad stuff about him in the past regarding his gaming addiction, lack of passion for the game etc. But that remarkably brave thing he did, coming out to the world about his most private and horrible events instantly changed my outlook. Addiction turned out to be escapism. Hat off to the lad. Hope he finds happiness in whatever life brings him.

Lesson I've learnt. Don't judge too quickly.

Well done Everton for supporting him.
Honestly I hope this situation has made a few people think twice about judging people in life.

I heard every reason about why Dele wasn’t the player he used to be from all the resident character experts and psychologists and I didn’t see a single person even guess what he by through, the closest I heard was speculating he was too famous too young like we see with Britney Spears type breakdowns but the truth was far darker and showed even more how despicable the media in this country can be (watch them all love him unconditionally if he ever plays again)

Most men keep these traumas to themselves, never assume you know someone unless you do

Personally I have sympathy for Dele and the things that have happened to him in his childhood, I also have sympathy for the fact that he was a great player in the past but he has somehow lost his way. I would love to see him back to his best both for his sake and for that of the club. Dele isn’t to blame for his past just as he isn’t to blame for the wages he is owed or the deal with Spurs, Dele didn’t sign himself, the club did. Goodness knows some of our transfer dealings have been head-scratchers. If you want to point the finger at someone the least you can do is have a think about the issue and apportion the blame correctly.

Personally I have sympathy for Dele and the things that have happened to him in his childhood, I also have sympathy for the fact that he was a great player in the past but he has somehow lost his way. I would love to see him back to his best both for his sake and for that of the club. Dele isn’t to blame for his past just as he isn’t to blame for the wages he is owed or the deal with Spurs, Dele didn’t sign himself, the club did. Goodness knows some of our transfer dealings have been head-scratchers. If you want to point the finger at someone the least you can do is have a think about the issue and apportion the blame correctly.
Spare us the poor victim baloney. That doesn’t explain why he sits around on his arse everyday drawing massive wages and making no effort to get fit or try to improve. Your assessment of childhood trauma would be a lot more convincing if he hadn’t performed at Spurs before succumbing to the lifestyle. He still had the same issues then but it didn’t seem to affect him.

Spare us the poor victim baloney. That doesn’t explain why he sits around on his arse everyday drawing massive wages and making no effort to get fit or try to improve. Your assessment of childhood trauma would be a lot more convincing if he hadn’t performed at Spurs before succumbing to the lifestyle. He still had the same issues then but it didn’t seem to affect him.
Any proof? Any proof at all? No, because you have zero idea what he is doing. Pathetic.

Like a week ago, the club literally posted stuff of him back in training etc.

You also clearly know eff all about how trauma affects people. So probably best not to say anything at all.

Honestly I hope this situation has made a few people think twice about judging people in life.

I heard every reason about why Dele wasn’t the player he used to be from all the resident character experts and psychologists and I didn’t see a single person even guess what he by through, the closest I heard was speculating he was too famous too young like we see with Britney Spears type breakdowns but the truth was far darker and showed even more how despicable the media in this country can be (watch them all love him unconditionally if he ever plays again)

Most men keep these traumas to themselves, never assume you know someone unless you do
It would be so good to see him play and enjoy playing, again

Spare us the poor victim baloney. That doesn’t explain why he sits around on his arse everyday drawing massive wages and making no effort to get fit or try to improve.
How do you know he's not putting the effort in?
Your assessment of childhood trauma would be a lot more convincing if he hadn’t performed at Spurs before succumbing to the lifestyle. He still had the same issues then but it didn’t seem to affect him.
Quite a few people go years and years, sometimes decades suppressing trauma.

I mean, you're clearly just an ignorant cretin.

(see how easy it is to throw around baseless character portrayals?)

maybe you should ask to see his therapist

Any proof? Any proof at all? No, because you have zero idea what he is doing. Pathetic.

Like a week ago, the club literally posted stuff of him back in training etc.

You also clearly know eff all about how trauma affects people. So probably best not to say anything at all.
Oh right... so questions can't be asked because it's a touchy subject.

I wish the bloke all the happiness in the world but as an Everton fan, I want to see results on the pitch which is what he was employed for.

Oh right... so questions can't be asked because it's a touchy subject.

I wish the bloke all the happiness in the world but as an Everton fan, I want to see results on the pitch which is what he was employed for.
The poster I was responding to in the quoted response wasn’t asking questions. Was making incorrect and really ignorant statements. And the fact you are liking their posts shows your complete lack of understanding around trauma.

In response to the questions you had been asking, what has someone’s salary got to do with overcoming childhood trauma?

And why should he have to show gratitude? Which he already has publicly done anyway, but may also be doing privately.