January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... chase champions league with Newcastle, enjoy six months living in Italy chasing the title with Juve, or come to Everton to hopefully move away from the relegation zone for a glorious lower-midtable finish. Decisions, decisions.....
Would probably play every game he was fit if he came here with Gana his cover. Depends if he likes playing football or sightseeing I guess.

Would probably play every game he was fit if he came here with Gana his cover. Depends if he likes playing football or sightseeing I guess.
He'd get games here no doubt about it. The lad seems like a good egg, but when you've got more winners medals than appearances for your current club, you have to question just how interested he is in playing every week. (The only reason I think there might be a tiny possibility he may come here is because it means he doesn't have to relocate for six months, and by all accounts, his settled family life is pretty important to him).

It's open! I just realised. How many Profit and sustainability busting deals have we got through the door now the window is open?!?

4? 5? Only 3?

Chat of Tomiyasu available on loan, be worth pulling a favour off wee Mik and covers RB and CH, allows us to sell Godfrey for whatever we can get for him and imo would make us stronger at RB
Agree see him similar to myk a defensive fb would have work on his attacking side but would be happy with him.
I thought I read somewhere Thelwell said to expect a quiet January transfer window?
Is the best move for the club after the last window to not make us fans think alot will happen. I still think would could see movement we wont be buying anyone unless it is again similar to the beto deal. But the club has to be looking for a few loans.

Wouldnt really want spend money on cornet but on loan makes sense for now another player that can cover lb lm and sure has played upfront at burnley to. Is a deal that would makes sense to the end of the season for me

He'd get games here no doubt about it. The lad seems like a good egg, but when you've got more winners medals than appearances for your current club, you have to question just how interested he is in playing every week. (The only reason I think there might be a tiny possibility he may come here is because it means he doesn't have to relocate for six months, and by all accounts, his settled family life is pretty important to him).
Think he went there to play but it didn’t work out. Perhaps being a big fish in a small pond will suit him

I thought I read somewhere Thelwell said to expect a quiet January transfer window?
In fairness, he's not going to say anything else is he. January is typically a quiet window and all clubs personnel tend to say the same thing: "it's a difficult window, we don't expect to do much, but we'll try to improve the squad if we can". Typical soundbite stuff. Would be daft to expect numerous ins and outs.

Surely wed have one in the chamber to replace Danjuma, maybe Cornet as Dan suggests. Cornet can cover at full back at a pinch as well.
Perhaps. Cornet has never proven much in the PL besides rumours about his attitude and effort.

If we went for him I’d be confident those rumours are untrue as Dyche will know the truth and wouldn’t tolerate that

Think he went there to play but it didn’t work out. Perhaps being a big fish in a small pond will suit him
Yeah maybe. Methinks he's could be very much on Liverpool's radar in the summer and I could see all parties being happy to do that deal, so if that is something in KP's longterm thinking, I can't see him going for a shortterm loan to us until he can cross the park. Not whilst there are other attractive options on the table for him.

Yep id be on board mate, i like him, can play out left, at full back and through the centre - if Doucoure is out. Forgives a fair few sins and low risk on loan.

Dyche direct style suits him.
Wasn't his muscle virtually hanging off the bone though? Thought he had the kind of freak injury that it is very unlikely to recover fully from and rediscover top form?!

In fairness, he's not going to say anything else is he. January is typically a quiet window and all clubs personnel tend to say the same thing: "it's a difficult window, we don't expect to do much, but we'll try to improve the squad if we can". Typical soundbite stuff. Would be daft to expect numerous ins and outs.
Oh, so you can comment on the goings on at the club today. How odd, thought it was pointless discussing it on a football forum because no one can possibly know what is going on?

Weird.

Quote from the Echo:
'There is increased confidence that this Everton team is strong enough not to require any significant tweaks in the January window.'

Disastrous approach if true. The squad is very weak - albeit the most balaned one we've had in a while. If we have no money/room for manoeuvre then fair enough, but if this is their attitude, it's the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.