2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The key to unlocking the average ability of DCL isnt the wingers its the FBs overlapping, unfortunately Dyche doesnt like any of them near the byline.
That's just never going to happen as he has them most of the time playing as secondary CB due to how narrow we are at times.

Talk us through Betos missed chances yesterday ?
This is the DCL thread. Beto hasn't been doing it either - but he does have more goals for less minutes since December. DCL has played himself out of any vaguely competent team. Our squad is not that, though, Dyche, obviously, still thinks he's the better option. But that could be the hill he dies on, because we've seen absolutely nothing from DCL for months now. Maybe he'll come back into form? Over the long term, though, he doesn't score enough goals.

This is the DCL thread. Beto hasn't been doing it either - but he does have more goals for less minutes since December. DCL has played himself out of any vaguely competent team. Our squad is not that, though, Dyche, obviously, still thinks he's the better option. But that could be the hill he dies on, because we've seen absolutely nothing from DCL for months now. Maybe he'll come back into form? Over the long term, though, he doesn't score enough goals.
You could have Pele in his pomp & Dixie with no service, & they would struggle with that midfield - The Catt always stated its the engine room if that's poor a team will struggle to score - Dyche has been left with a poor squad in midfield - hence the hoof to bypass the lack of creativity - It is a DCL thread & I back you when he has missed the chance per 90 minutes he gets - bear in mind if as a forward you know full too well only one chance per game he will snatch at it - yes he is way off form & should have scored at least 3–4 goals, but Beto snatched at chances too proving they are few & far between as we create very little - anyone who plays with our midfield atm will struggle to score ....

How come DCL could score when carlo was here?
I will tell you why, we didn't have McNeil and Harrison for one, also we didn't just pump the ball up Dyche style.

Some of the football and games I am watching now is up there with ye Mike walkers, Sam Alladyce teams shocking

He scored 4 in 20 in the second half of that season with exactly the same players providing the service. Basically reverted to the norm. The question you’re asking is how come he had a purple patch.

Cunha for Wolves has just scored the type of goal that I’ve never ever seen DCL score, problem is he had to bother making an intelligent and well timed run off the shoulder of the last defender rather than simply stand still and wait for a pinpoint cross to be plonked on his head while unmarked 6 yards from goal.