Transfer deadline aftermath - view and reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably pleased. We got a new right back and a new right mid, which we needed.

Just a shame we never picked up a Centre mid who can pass.

Its sorted mate, were going to move Osman into the centre.

The fact that Neville, Cahill and Fellaini will be our central three for the majority of the season really is depressing.

Arteta hasn't even started full training yet and he'll take a while to get back to a good fitness level.

What about our most impressive midfielder so far this season?

Its sorted mate, were going to move Osman into the centre.

What about our most impressive midfielder so far this season?

Jack Rodwell?

He'll be used sparingly and he isn't experienced enough to do it week in week out. I very much doubt Osman will get a run in there either, certainly not ahead of Cahill or Fellaini.

Well maybe that 13m loan was to service a debt? We don't know it was taken out to sign players. IN fact how do we even know it was taken out? Was it leaked?

I believe there's a link somewhere, lazy to search for it. If we really have to loan another 13m to service a debt we are in deep trouble.

Lescott fee is the disputed amount here. I thought he went for 24m.
Let's put that aside and talk about the 13m loan we acquire. Do we really need 13m more to run the club considering we have a substantial amount from cup run last year. And I'm certain we do have around 5m of budget to spend when we bid for naughton(before loan and lescott money).

Most sources seem to think £22m.

But that's not even that relevant, since it's just a couple of million (maybe Jo's wages?)

As far as I'm aware the club is skint. These figures are all well and good, but when a business is effectively insolvent, which Everton is, all excess cash, or cash not spent, tends to get soaked up.

I'm sure Bill doesn't think we've got £20m to spend in January, and I'm confident that come January, Moyes will have his work cut out getting money for even basic transfers.

i can't help thinking we have blown it!

Come jan/feb we will have injuries,suspensions and some out of form players.

The squad is to small and to weak for europe,league and cups.

I hope i am wrong but i think mid table is looming.

It will be harder to add to the squad or even keep our better players with no european football(n)

The board want to plow the majority of money to themselves or the into the club itself NOT into Moyes hands for strengthening the squad

Most sources seem to think £22m.

But that's not even that relevant, since it's just a couple of million (maybe Jo's wages?)

As far as I'm aware the club is skint. These figures are all well and good, but when a business is effectively insolvent, which Everton is, all excess cash, or cash not spent, tends to get soaked up.

I'm sure Bill doesn't think we've got £20m to spend in January, and I'm confident that come January, Moyes will have his work cut out getting money for even basic transfers.

Which is why moyes is crying out loud to let him use all available fund. And that's the reason some of us is disappointed we did not get another CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.