Everton Youth Teams Thread

That's a shame , a win would have done their confidence a world of good. Nice to see Lavery banging them in, there was a team photo somewhere , may even have been N Ireland , and he looked a bit podgy around the middle. He certainly had the speed in the past, so no real reason why he shouldn't get lots of goals thus season.

Walsh, Davies and Baningime (and Joe Williams too) are why Ledson was let go. All younger (apart from Williams) and have kicked on. Ledson's progress plateaued for whatever reason. It happens a lot with young players.

The loans are a big indicated for clubs on where the player is in his development.

Walsh and Ledson - same position - were both at League 2 clubs last year. Walsh stood out by a mile. Ledson, although doing well, did not.

I really hope Walsh gets a chance, he's technically superb and has a big heart too. I really enjoy watching him play. Just an excellent talent. Whoever likened him to Scholes nailed it for me, I've always seen shades of him in Walsh. I'm too young to know Johnny Giles though!

Someone asked if any of the current u18s stand out, probably only Lavery. He certainly knows where the net is! I think sometimes you just have a crop which just aren't as good. We're a club that will push players, they'll be moved up quickly and it aids speeding up development if they can adapt to that step up. The structure at the club is very good, the problem comes with the likes of City swarming around and pinching your best prospects - as they've done to quite a few clubs over the last few years. I think there is a few good uns still to come in there though!!;)

Thing is though when we say the U18's are a weak group how many of the U23's could be playing for the U18's? That's a better indicator of how the age groups are doing.

....I always think the FA Youth Cup was the best benchmark of all historically teams that win it have one or two top quality players. In more recent times, however, the competition has been dominated by the likes of Chelsea and very few are coming through from that source. I wonder if it's because top clubs recruit foreign youngsters.

Regardless, I still think it's a good indicator for Everton.

Thing is though when we say the U18's are a weak group how many of the U23's could be playing for the U18's? That's a better indicator of how the age groups are doing.
I don't think there's too many to be honest. Certainly Feeney and Evans. Possibly Baningime. Not sure about anyone else.

Walsh, Davies and Baningime (and Joe Williams too) are why Ledson was let go. All younger (apart from Williams) and have kicked on. Ledson's progress plateaued for whatever reason. It happens a lot with young players.

The loans are a big indicated for clubs on where the player is in his development.

Walsh and Ledson - same position - were both at League 2 clubs last year. Walsh stood out by a mile. Ledson, although doing well, did not.

I really hope Walsh gets a chance, he's technically superb and has a big heart too. I really enjoy watching him play. Just an excellent talent. Whoever likened him to Scholes nailed it for me, I've always seen shades of him in Walsh. I'm too young to know Johnny Giles though!

Someone asked if any of the current u18s stand out, probably only Lavery. He certainly knows where the net is! I think sometimes you just have a crop which just aren't as good. We're a club that will push players, they'll be moved up quickly and it aids speeding up development if they can adapt to that step up. The structure at the club is very good, the problem comes with the likes of City swarming around and pinching your best prospects - as they've done to quite a few clubs over the last few years. I think there is a few good uns still to come in there though!!;)
May have just been a poor batch locally. But I've also heard that Man City have taken a lot of the best talent from Merseyside into their academy for the last few years so we're possibly just starting to see the effect of that now.

May have just been a poor batch locally. But I've also heard that Man City have taken a lot of the best talent from Merseyside into their academy for the last few years so we're possibly just starting to see the effect of that now.

They beat the RS 7-0 the other day at U16 level, the team they fielded was all of 16 year olds and several (like Sanchoo) bought at great expense. They offer any highly talented player from around the country an expensive education and a guaranteed pro contract. I think I counted 15 stikers/attackers of 20 or younger all of whom are better than any on our youth books. We need to be the team that takes in these players when they get stuck in the log jam at City.

They beat the RS 7-0 the other day at U16 level, the team they fielded was all of 16 year olds and several (like Sanchoo) bought at great expense. They offer any highly talented player from around the country an expensive education and a guaranteed pro contract. I think I counted 15 stikers/attackers of 20 or younger all of whom are better than any on our youth books. We need to be the team that takes in these players when they get stuck in the log jam at City.
We're not going to be on our own looking at City's academy. I think the RS already signed a couple during the summer. Plus we are most likely going to be picking up their cast-offs, which is fine as long as they're better than what we already have.

We're not going to be on our own looking at City's academy. I think the RS already signed a couple during the summer. Plus we are most likely going to be picking up their cast-offs, which is fine as long as they're better than what we already have.
Didn't Kevin Campbell's lad move to
Stoke in the summer. I'm sure he was very very highly rated.