Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I'm not a 'lad'

Secondly please tell me who else REALISTICALLY is a better choice right now?

None of our other targets wanted the job. This is the point I keep coming back to.

Do you honestly think all the personal digs towards him, the negativity etc is going to help get us out of this mess?
In the whole world of football there was only one manager available???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This fella is at the same level as Harry Rednapp ff's.

I can’t believe anybody watched the last two games and doesn’t believe we needed to act and quickly . Failure to get points from these two home games and we absolutely won’t be worrying about much else but finishing 17th .

Everton are dire , absolutely dire and we look like one of those teams you watch on tv that are not far from relegation certs . This is the worst football I think I’ve ever watched in decades at Goodison , the players are simply not trying and not trying equals relegation.

I’m not a doom and gloom merchant and I probably felt differently a few weeks ago but these performances are horrific. A new manager and some money spent them of course it can change but to keep pretending that it’s a bad spell is in my opinion deluded .

I feel the same way, i never thought that Sam Allerdyce would ever be anywhere near our club.

I had dreams of grandeur , only 3 short months ago, i was imagining us top of our Europa league group, eagerly awaiting a quarter final tie in the Caraboa Cup and maybe , even 7th or 6th in the league.

Back down to earth with a massive bang.

Its like wanting a Buzz Light Year toy for Christmas and ending up with a Mister Potatohead. :mad:

%&£# unity Allardyce out!

Of the next 9 games (not counting todays as he isn't in charge officially)

we have Hudds, Swansea, Chelsea and United at home, Spurs, the rs, Newcastle, West Brom, Bournemouth away

after the 9th of those games against Spurs away wouldn't shock me if we sacked him - that'd be the 13th January, probably time for him to have layered his pockets with a couple of dodgy crap signings and then we change manager for the rest of the window and don't spend anything.

Clubs f'ked

Forever the eternal optimist I’m surprisingly ok with this, whether it’s just because it’s everton and I expect it but I think we are going to be ok through this. I honestly believe Sam can get us up the table and come January I think he will make some shrewd signings. This is the biggest club job he is ever going to get and I think he has a point to prove. What with the biggest transfer budget he is likely to ever had, I have a feeling this is going to work well for us.

As for Sammy Lee, so what?? He’s apparently a good coach and if he is prepared to put the time and effort in on the training ground with the players, I couldn’t give a monkeys who he played for...

On a serious note just because they've played the game doesn't make their opinions any more valid than say a supporter who's been watching matches for 40+ years.

Loads of them fall flat on their face when given a chance to manage and the reactions to pochettino and silva says it all about their insular nature.

Football is a big clique of people bigging up their mates

Which is why I said you don't have to always agree with their opinions.

My father was a semi pro, and has since scouted for premier league clubs full time since the introduction of the premier league and still does now.

He's met over the years a lot of people involved in the game who know so much more about the intricacies of coaches, training methods & so on.

The average fan like you or I don't get to see that side of the game.

Another example of the difference. I've got Spurs mates who wanted rid of Pochettino after his first season in charge there. What did they know!

Anyone else getting a sense of deja vu over this as a similar gloating thing aboutn staying up, as happened about us having a boss transfer window etc and cracking the top 6.

a lot of everton fans supporting this acting like we are already safe now

Never learns

Which is why I said you don't have to always agree with their opinions.

My father was a semi pro, and has since scouted for premier league clubs full time since the introduction of the premier league and still does now.

He's met over the years a lot of people involved in the game who know so much more about the intricacies of coaches, training methods & so on.

The average fan like you or I don't get to see that side of the game.

Another example of the difference. I've got Spurs mates who wanted rid of Pochettino after his first season in charge there. What did they know!

Meanwhile lots of ex pros and pundits never wanted Pocch to get the saints job, guess they showed us all their knowledge then didn't they...

Status
Not open for further replies.