2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont subscribe to the view that forwards are there to do this that and the other and that scoring is only part of their game. It's the reason for them being on the pitch. If they do other things like press, hold up play, assist etc then that's a bonus.
He’ll still finish our top scorer imo. If we can keep 11 men on the pitch he’ll have a better chance of getting on the scoresheet.

He’ll still finish our top scorer imo. If we can keep 11 men on the pitch he’ll have a better chance of getting on the scoresheet.
Touch and go on that one...and that cant be right for the recognised attacker.

The club should have bought another striker. Mitrovic would have been good for us.

Mitrovic or Tosun? You'd choose Tosun?

Couldn't see too many other people making that choice, tbf.
It's all about opinion mate.We need some little gem in January.I think this situation should have been addressed this window TBH.An ex Newcastle player ain't going to set the world alight.

We were not after a striker in the transfer window Dave. So the choice is irrelevant. A better one would be Mitrovic or a new LB, CH, and additions to midfield/wings.

Think we chose ok.

It's all about opinion mate.We need some little gem in January.I think this situation should have been addressed this window TBH.An ex Newcastle player ain't going to set the world alight.
image.jpeg

I defo see where you’re coming from with that shout but a) I think the two are quite similar in style so Mitrovic wouldn’t have fared any better thus far IMO; and b) he can be an absolute nut bag and a red card waiting to happen. Given our travails in that department already this season, I’ll say we’re better with Cenk!

Mitrovic is alright. Bit hot headed but decent.

I wouldn’t have minded if we’d picked up Rondon. He’s underrated and was good value at circa £12m.

Status
Not open for further replies.