Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think our days of "Punting" X Y Z on players should be over quite frankly. Aarons is worth the money,pay it,get him in. You've have probably have said the same about Godfrey not so long ago and look how that turned out.

Godfrey was never hyped up the way Aarons is who tbh I've never seen him have a stormer performance whilst he was in the PL.

No evidence whatsoever that spending £30 million on Aarons would work out better than spending £20 million on Celik.

People were moaning about going for Digne over highly rated Tierney and look how that worked out.

The big money January moves we have made that stick out in my memory are: James Beattie, Morgan Schneiderlin, Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott.

I suppose Jelavic could be considered a good signing for his purple patch which got us on a cup run and 6th in the league.
Pienaar, Coleman, Arteta were all January signings. Messi will eclipse them all, ooh I've said too much!

Would rather a punt on him than spending £30 million on Aarons who is overrated imo.
Max Aarons has 1 assist, in 2 seasons.

1!!!
Think our days of "Punting" X Y Z on players should be over quite frankly. Aarons is worth the money,pay it,get him in. You've have probably have said the same about Godfrey not so long ago and look how that turned out.
Aarons has scored 1 goal and 1 assist in the last 2 seasons.

Hes not what we need.

But hes still young, read a very good thing about him last night.

Aarons pushes forwards whenever he has the chance. He provides an outlet on the right, either for a centre-back to find with a direct pass, a switch of play from the left (below), or an overlapping run around the outside of the impressive Emiliano Buendía on the right side of Norwich’s midfield. Buendía is a creator who drifts infield rather than hugging the touchline, so Aarons is regularly asked to provide their width.

He joins attacks whenever possible, largely thanks to their central midfielders – usually Alexander Tettey and Kenny McLean – being willing to sit deep, and often does well to get into a position to cross. However, all too frequently he is let down by his final ball.

Godfrey was never hyped up the way Aarons is who tbh I've never seen him have a stormer performance whilst he was in the PL.

No evidence whatsoever that spending £30 million on Aarons would work out better than spending £20 million on Celik.

People were moaning about going for Digne over highly rated Tierney and look how that worked out.
No evidence to suggest punting 18million on a relative unknown up until a couple months ago will work either.

I didn't moan about signing Digne. His career stalled at Barca but still far better option,also not a clue why you brought this up.

No evidence to suggest punting 18million on a relative unknown up until a couple months ago will work either.

I didn't moan about signing Digne. His career stalled at Barca but still far better option,also not a clue why you brought this up.

I'll be happy with either over Coleman like but Im just not personally sold on Aarons when Norwich would have us pay the english premium for him.

For me Celik could be like Digne and the highly rated Aarons the highly rated Tierney. If we signed Celik who's the lesser known he may well end up the much better signing down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.