Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching awful sides like Newcastle have the freedom of Goodison Park because our midfield can't be arsed to do their jobs is why we need Gana if he's available. You cannot challenge if you only have two players capable of doing a job in the middle. You need to keep them fresh, they will get injured, they will get suspended. If he's available, he should be here. It should have been part of the deal to take Kean to PSG in the first place.

Aren't all three of them classed as home grown players? If so, you'll see one of them depart this summer at most (Delph, probably) and the only way another one goes is if we bring in a HG player on a permanent somewhere else in the squad.

The one portion of the market that is likely to see prices stay high in the summer is young English players, because of the HG issue.
Well I mean I don’t see the point in paying probably £200k + a week on useless players just because they’re homegrown. I mean if we want homegrown players bring in a cheap young player or veteran on small wages, even United who’ve always got a decent academy presence got someone like Lee Grant as a third choice keeper just because he’s homegrown, City have done the same with Richard Wright and Scott Carson.

You also don’t “need” a certain amount of HG players you just just can’t have more than 17 foreign players or something like that. Our squad is still bloated getting rid of those 3 make no difference other than to free up wages and maybe get small fees which is always a positive. Plus the likes of Keane, Dom, Iwobi, Holgate and Godfrey will be mainstays in the squad for years so HG players really isn’t an issue we should be looking at as an issue at all. We have more than enough and can sign much better replacements.

I see Billy Gilmore from Chelsea is in transfer talks with Southampton. Young good aggressive player. This a the type of player we need and should be in for
Come on Brands earn your wages

Good signing for Southampton.

We should be all over that, cracking player with a great future.

He'd be ideal but only if we had an option to buy. Highly doubtful.

Gana would be a good loan till season end.

Preparing to be underwhelmed again .... couple of loans out / maybe a youth in ...... desperately need an addition to our first XI and some cover, but not expecting much if anything at all....

It's ... almost ... like ... we ... won't ... get ... anybody ... in !!

I'd go as far as to say it's extremely negligent if we don't get a midfielder and striker in by end of play tomorrow. The biggest opportunity to grab a Champions League berth in our lives and the club is basically saying: "Nah, can't be arsed, we'll just take our chances on Calvert-Lewin being available and on form 100% of the time from now until the end of the season. Let West Ham get fourth instead."
Wow! Unless you're 14 we've qualified for the cl in your life! Stop with the hyperbole, we're all frustrated and annoyed but there's no need for absolute falsehoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.