2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Usually the more calm someone appears, the more scary it is when they lose it and I'd definitely not want to be on the end of a tirade from him.

I have no doubt he'll have made it abundantly clear how much the whole team let him, themselves and the club down on Saturday.

The issue with that though is he's played the "question the team's effort in public" card. It's good that it seems to have worked here but can't be doing that again anytime soon as it points to something deeper.

Delighted to see Carlo's passion yesterday as others have commented on. Can tell he's not winding down as he gets on, he really wants to make a success of things here and I think if we can get another couple of key players he wants, he can mould us into a proper top 4 contender.
I've said this a few times, but his book is a must read, particularly where he discusses the 'project' at PSG.

He was shattered the way that ended, as he saw it as a legacy project, an opportunity to build and lift a club.

With that I think that the shouts that Everton is his last pay cheque are way of the mark. While the money would be attractive, I genuinely believe he see's this as the chance to say I won the Champions League with the best, and I also got what was mediocrity to become an established European force (Everton).

It's often leveled that Carlo is a great manager of great players, here is the opportunity for him to debunk that and to prove that he is a world class manager with the best, and can make good become great.

That, in my view, is his motivating factor. I can see him hanging around for at least 3-4 years longer to build sustained success. Look how well we are going after one Summer window - imagine him after another 2/3, we can really move the needle with him.

I've said this a few times, but his book is a must read, particularly where he discusses the 'project' at PSG.

He was shattered the way that ended, as he saw it as a legacy project, an opportunity to build and lift a club.

With that I think that the shouts that Everton is his last pay cheque are way of the mark. While the money would be attractive, I genuinely believe he see's this as the chance to say I won the Champions League with the best, and I also got what was mediocrity to become an established European force (Everton).

It's often leveled that Carlo is a great manager of great players, here is the opportunity for him to debunk that and to prove that he is a world class manager with the best, and can make good become great.

That, in my view, is his motivating factor. I can see him hanging around for at least 3-4 years longer to build sustained success. Look how well we are going after one Summer window - imagine him after another 2/3, we can really move the needle with him.

You only have to look at the improvement in the players.

DCL was a decent prospect when he rocked up, now hes 1 of the leading scorers in the league.
Keggers was getting sold for 10m by most on here, now hes a rock
Mina was erratic and clumsy, now hes also a rock

I mean I will ignore Rico, who is having a poor season, but he improves players.

I’ve no doubt if the board gives him the finances to bring in players then we will be very competitive in this league in a couple of years. Winning the league takes all the stars to align but I’ve no doubt he can get us in the mix for trophies and the CL with the right backing.

Agree with all of that mate.

You really get the sense he wants to put down some roots, with he family, his son and son inlaw involved and craft as you say a legacy. Post Milan he has had series of short term jobs, but this is the perfect opporutnity to do 5+ years.

You really get the sense he wants to put down some roots, with he family, his son and son inlaw involved and craft as you say a legacy. Post Milan he has had series of short term jobs, but this is the perfect opporutnity to do 5+ years.
It’s the nature of the beast at top European clubs that unless you keep winning you’re out. I hope he grasps the opportunity to stay here for a good while. The club needs stability as well.

DCL's main issue really. All of his goals are predatory (which is fantastic, a streak he needed to have to succeed), but how many goes does he score when he has time? when he has space and has to show conviction? That is his next step, being able to carry it and create the chance himself, like he did last night and then have the ability to be accurate with regular shots.

He has come a long way has DCL, but there is still that issue he needs to sort if he's going to do the business for 4-5-6-7 years.
The good thing is, that’s what king brings, awareness when to shoot, or when to square it, also he creates his own chances, and when given time in the box he scores, he should help DCL out.

I truly hope so Mate, and he does put down roots.

Kendall's time was cut short by Heysel.

Status
Not open for further replies.