Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my no.1 choice.
But Spurs ended with Nuno and Real got that utter fraud the star whisperer so there were poor pickings this summer on the managerial front.
Never have cheered against Everton and always hoped all managers and players alike do well at kick off day 1 of the season. Then I see Iwobi warm up and all the kumbayah rubbish goes out the window!
But the hope that we progress has not changed.
Anyone booing our manager / team before we have even kicked a ball needs to have a good look at themselves and maybe get out a wee bit and develop some other interests, while keeping Everton close to their hearts.
If this Moshiri experiment does not work out, we could well join the litany of clubs that a new stadium ultimately proved to be a disaster for.
Be careful what you wish for.
Toxicity is a double edged sword.
UTFT
The final point you make re new stadium is an excellent one.
There are many examples of teams that have struggled after moving into a new stadium, Sunderland, Arsenal , Spurs and even Southampton.
Not sure why that is unless they are hamstrung by finances to invest in the team.
City have done well in their new gaff but that's a bad example because their wealth is off the charts and they didn't actually pay for their shiny new stadium.
One thing is for sure a new arena is not a panacea.

I hope he’s a success but if we have a run of results like last year again at home , I don’t care who owns the club it’ll be mayhem and you can make silly jokes and smart remarks all you like you know it as well .

The average supporter just wants to watch the team mate there will be no appetite for mass revolt and even if there was - hasn't the penny dropped yet that Usmanov doesn't care what a few blokes with bedsheets and Twitter accounts say/do?

He's a hardened Oligarch & Benitez has thicker skin than a rhino.

The final point you make re new stadium is an excellent one.
There are many examples of teams that have struggled after moving into a new stadium, Sunderland, Arsenal , Spurs and even Southampton.
Not sure why that is unless they are hamstrung by finances to invest in the team.
City have done well in their new gaff but that's a bad example because their wealth is off the charts and they didn't actually pay for their shiny new stadium.
One thing is for sure a new arena is not a panacea.
Bolton, Derby and Coventry spring to mind as well. Probably several others

The average supporter just wants to watch the team mate there will be no appetite for mass revolt and even if there was - hasn't the penny dropped yet that Usmanov doesn't care what a few blokes with bedsheets and Twitter accounts say/do?

He's a hardened Oligarch & Benitez has thicker skin than a rhino.
Yet moshiri said they didn't appoint moyes because of crowd pressure ?

Im not on Twitter and I’m not talking about bedsheets , I do remember bullets getting sent to barmby , the Wimbledon coach fire , an end of season pitch invasion that wasn’t joyous , blokes jumping on Johnson’s car and a few other bits .

as I say let’s hope it isn’t an issue and we can all celebrate our new managers success together but the reaction to an underperforming Everton managed by a then loved Ancelotti isn’t the same as an underperforming Everton managed by Benitez and pretending it would be is just being obtuse .

Yet moshiri said they didn't appoint moyes because of crowd pressure ?

Im not on Twitter and I’m not talking about bedsheets , I do remember bullets getting sent to barmby , the Wimbledon coach fire , an end of season pitch invasion that wasn’t joyous , blokes jumping on Johnson’s car and a few other bits .

as I say let’s hope it isn’t an issue and we can all celebrate are new managers success together but the reaction to an underperforming Everton managed by a then loved Ancelotti isn’t the same as an underperforming Everton managed by Benitez and pretending it would be is just being obtuse .

Agree to disagree mate I just think anyone who thinks Moshiri has the final say on anything anymore is naive.

To put it into context, I have worked since summer of 1975 as a school leaver, and I have never been unemployed.
I have not earned anywhere near £7.5m in all those years.
Football finances are out of control, and I no longer contribute to it in any way, shape or form.
I’m sorry but that isn’t context. That’s a comment on the state of football finance which is a different conversation. If you had been in your job, left it and then someone less qualified came in and was offered 50% more then that would be context.

I was making a comment about relative pay in an industry that pays obscene amounts of money.

Fair play to you if you don’t contribute to it any more. I’m too much of a patsy and I will continue to spend money watching football. Even though there are situations when I shouldn’t.

My point was the money he is possibly getting isn’t crazy in the industry he is working in. Not that the amount of money itself wasn’t crazy.

Edit: Sorry, I misread what you said. I think we are agreeing and I got confused about your point. Apologies

Benitez is a Liverpool man not Liverpool FC man, loves the city and the people. He's been all over the world and could settle anywhere yet he and his family chose Liverpool, If I were an Evertonian I'd be buzzing, he'll get the best from players and have Everton in the Champions league before his job is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.