Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's nothing in that imo.. they just wanted to buy a team..

I don't know, billionaires like these work years ahead of everyone else, they know the massive investment that's going into the north docks and if they own a football club right in there on the front it's massive to them, the big but is Everton need to be successful though

These losses are nothing to someone like Usmanov. It's like losing a £5 accumaltor bet every week for him. Pocket change.

He has an interest in sport. He could buy the club officially and subject himself to the circus that comes with it, or he can have the same level of control of the club (complete control) and let someone else enjoy/suffer from the circus. I believe that he has chosen the latter, and I don't see it changing so that he ever becomes the official owner.
His Nephew now, that might be a different matter...down the line...heaven forbid etc, etc.

Billionaires are not immune to making poor decisions but I'm very disappointed that we have people of incredible personal wealth and achievement at the club who seemingly can't straighten it out at all, repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum.

I cling to the hope that appointing Benitez is an attempt to change culture and turn the tide but it's hard to see. You can entirely understand why he got the job if you apply a certain logic. The outsider of outsiders, with an accomplished CV, as thick-skinned as they come. That's what they went for.

It's still futile though if we do not have executive management and oversight at the club that is the best there can be.

We ARE mid table, with a modest budget and increasing constraints. The only way to grow is to buy cheaper and sell big, and continually repeat and reinvest. Focus on young players and academy development. Anyone who has looked at it for longer than 5 minutes can see that.

We can never complete with the elite so we should waste no time in trying to do so on terms set by them. We CAN compete by the back door, and do it well as a club with yes modest, but still better resources than many other clubs. It doesn't require bringing in a team of consultants to arrive at that conclusion.

Too many cooks spoil the broth, that's the issue, I don't even believe it's a lack of strategic thinking. It's just that it gets diluted to such a degree to keep everyone's personal agenda intact that it's become worthless and damaging in execution.

Last edited:
All sorts could be in place - a trust like Blackburn had, USM keeping long term contracts with the club, Usmanovs nephew or relation inheriting the dough and keeping investing.

Aside from the fact he has the best medical health, probably statins etc what's very clear with if Usmanov is involved is 2 things;
1) The entirety of the USM operation will be behind it.
2) That his nephew will inherit a large portion of of the mans wealth and is going onto the board.

On the 1st, it looks as if they have a far bigger plan with Everton. I don't want to speculate too much, but it could consist of property values growing in the area at one end, to potentially cleaning money for the Russian state at the other. In either instance the requirement to be involved doesn't go when someone dies, and the organisation behind it just shifts around and continues in it's approach. John Henry is 5 years older than Usmanov, what happens when he dies? Well the wider organisation involved (FSG) probably just re-pivot and every moves up a rung.

On the 2nd point, his nephew is a key point. I would imagine he will inherited 1/3 to 1/4 of his outstanding value, which makes his Abramovich levels of rich (and probably with greater background wealth as well). It's a bit like when Joel Glazier dies his kids took over. His nephew is a young man, and over time-with compounding he will likely end up wealthier than his uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.