Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
despite his terrible form last year I reckon Holgate will have more of a future here than Keane or Mina. HIm and Godfrey are much more Benitez type players it seems to me. he definitely likes players with a bit of snide.

HE WHAT?!?
IMG_0211.JPG

It was shocking mate. just shocking....

"It depends on the context. It was a long time ago and I was fighting for my club. That is what I am doing now. I will fight for Everton every single game and compete against anyone. I am pleased this club is getting bigger and bigger and we can challenge and compete."

So, he meant exactly what he said then. Just articulated it to wind us up. Which he did.

Too right he meant it. When Ben Godfrey played against us for Norwich he booted Richarlison.......

It kinda makes you realise what you are getting. Someone who hates losing

I know some would love a Theo Walcott in every role at the club but really .... Nice guys don't belong with what we should be doing.

Suggest you rewatch the presser mate - he won't talk about James/individuals one minute because it's not fair, then waxes lyrical about bloody Coleman?

Everything I have seen from James suggests he doesn't have a problem staying, unless you have seen something different?

His agent could be making the moves, I get that, but it's the inconsistency in benitezs responses that suggests he doesn't want him.

It makes no sense to me anyway to just shut the James questions down - he's still world class, we have a potentially lucrative us tour coming up so personally I would be talking James up, saying he will be a big player etc, even if it's a known fact he's buggering off!

Doesn't make sense, as he should have answered the Coleman question in exactly the same way.
I watched it too mate. Get what you’re saying but speaking in regards to Coleman is easy as it’s 100% he’s here till retirement, James is probably 50/50 so saying he’s staying or going and being wrong wouldn’t be the best way to start so he took the sensible way out which is avoid as much as possible. I do hope James stays though, would be guttered to have had him in our team and never getting the chance to see it in person.

Questions were weird. He will deflect any controversies... With all the James headlines, obviously he won't answer, w.r.t Coleman who is a club captain, it is no brainer that he would mention a few words.

With that type of questions, and how do you expect it to be interesting? It was like a kid throwing tantrums rather than asking sensible stuff.

Makes sense that he won't commit anything other than better position than last season, with 7 clubs more stable above us.

He will only talk about one game at a time.. and only about the future...

Too right he meant it. When Ben Godfrey played against us for Norwich he booted Richarlison.......

It kinda makes you realise what you are getting. Someone who hates losing

I know some would love a Theo Walcott in every role at the club but really .... Nice guys don't belong with what we should be doing.
No we just don't want a fat kopite who belittled the club and stands by it.

Funny reading people saying "You'll change your opinions if he wins us a trophy".

We are on a 25 year drought going on 30. If Carlo Ancelotti couldn't fix that then Benitez definitely isn't going to do it.

He's here to bring us the same midtable finishes we have had for decades with the added bonus of being an odious kopite nobhead. What's not to love?

Funny reading people saying "You'll change your opinions if he wins us a trophy".

We are on a 25 year drought going on 30. If Carlo Ancelotti couldn't fix that then Benitez definitely isn't going to do it.
Ancelotti came across as very passive and disinterested at times. Benitez has shown more interest in Everton in a couple of weeks being here than Ancelotti did in 18 months.

Are we going to have to deal with that greasy little ball bag guillem balague attending all our pressers now?

Bad enough having el gordo as our manager, but him hovering around the club and being leaked info is sickening.

He's here to bring us the same midtable finishes we have had for decades with the added bonus of being an odious kopite nobhead. What's not to love?

Carlo is the type of manager you want if you are an established top 3 side and want to push on and win the league.

Rafael is the type of manager you want if you are a top 10 side building a project who need to get in to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.