2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we have that will pass Richarlison the ball...its going to be a struggle.
This is the bottom line and nobody is the answer to that statement.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see DCL and Richie struggle. We’ll have the geniuses on here giving them pelters while ignoring the fact they’re living off scraps. Was the same last season, not enough runners from midfield, not enough creative passers, dribblers with end product. And from last season looks like we’ll be James and Siggi down.

It’s going to be so easy to defend against us - mark Richie and DCL and that’s literally the goal threat gone. And it will be easy to mark them because there are no dangers anywhere else on the pitch getting into the final third giving defenders decisions to make. Hoofs up to the pair of them but no, it’ll be their fault when they don’t bag 20 a season…let’s replace them with more like Gray and Townsend. Couldn’t make it up.

Who do we have that will pass Richarlison the ball...its going to be a struggle.
I think the answer is the whole team are being asked to move it forward quicker. It could be Digne, Pickford. Gbamin, Allan, whoever. I’m just going on what Benitez has said about what he wants from the team.

Mg point remains though. Richarlison was stifled by the system last season. He is better with faster football and playing on the shoulder of the last defender. If we can make that happen, he will be far more effective.

He has to learn, or be told, that we need to him to be a leader. He needs to start being more vocal and encouraging his teammates. He's not a youngster anymore. He's got it in him - he's quite happy to stand up to the opposition and argue with referees. I'd like to see him think about a bit more than just his own game.

This is the bottom line and nobody is the answer to that statement.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see DCL and Richie struggle. We’ll have the geniuses on here giving them pelters while ignoring the fact they’re living off scraps. Was the same last season, not enough runners from midfield, not enough creative passers, dribblers with end product. And from last season looks like we’ll be James and Siggi down.

It’s going to be so easy to defend against us - mark Richie and DCL and that’s literally the goal threat gone. And it will be easy to mark them because there are no dangers anywhere else on the pitch getting into the final third giving defenders decisions to make. Hoofs up to the pair of them but no, it’ll be their fault when they don’t bag 20 a season…let’s replace them with more like Gray and Townsend. Couldn’t make it up.

Aside from James and Digne we really have no one to provide assists or quality balls for the attacking players.

If James is moved on then we will be in trouble.

I think the answer is the whole team are being asked to move it forward quicker. It could be Digne, Pickford. Gbamin, Allan, whoever. I’m just going on what Benitez has said about what he wants from the team.

Mg point remains though. Richarlison was stifled by the system last season. He is better with faster football and playing on the shoulder of the last defender. If we can make that happen, he will be far more effective.

So were going to play long ball?

The team has no ball playing CB, no attacking right back, no ball player in midfield.

Its going to be very hard to play through teams on the deck.

A long ball to DCL or Richarlison also wont work because theres no other goal threat bar James in the team to get around them.

Aside from James and Digne we really have no one to provide assists or quality balls for the attacking players.

If James is moved on then we will be in trouble.

So were going to play long ball?

The team has no ball playing CB, no attacking right back, no ball player in midfield.

Its going to be very hard to play through teams on the deck.

A long ball to DCL or Richarlison also wont work because theres no other goal threat bar James in the team to get around them.
We haven’t played through anyone on the deck for seasons. DCL,s goals were mainly from crosses.

A rapid ball for Richarlison will make a difference for him. We never turned teams last season. We always slowed progression and played with 11 in front of us. It was absolute dirge and I completely understood Richarlison’s frustration.

Gray and Richarlison will let us play on the break. We have not been doing that for a while.

We haven’t played through anyone on the deck for seasons. DCL,s goals were mainly from crosses.

A rapid ball for Richarlison will make a difference for him. We never turned teams last season. We always slowed progression and played with 11 in front of us. It was absolute dirge and I completely understood Richarlison’s frustration.

Gray and Richarlison will let us play on the break. We have not been doing that for a while.

Sorry, Demarai Gray ?

Youre referencing him to improve the team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.