Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather not sell Holgate. I think there’s a player in there and it wasn’t that long ago that he was touted as a future Everton captain, our best defender, and should be playing for England. So the form is there, it’s just his ability to access it. I don’t think he’s helped by playing in a back three, alongside Keane or next to Coleman in all honesty. I just think if he had a run of games next to Godfrey with a decent right back next to him he’s actually a good footballer.

We’re in a position where we have to sell though and seeing as no one would ever give us money for the donkey that is Keane it seems Holgate is the natural option to sell in defence if Branthwaite is coming back.

I’d rather not sell Holgate. I think there’s a player in there and it wasn’t that long ago that he was touted as a future Everton captain, our best defender, and should be playing for England. So the form is there, it’s just his ability to access it. I don’t think he’s helped by playing in a back three, alongside Keane or next to Coleman in all honesty. I just think if he had a run of games next to Godfrey with a decent right back next to him he’s actually a good footballer.

We’re in a position where we have to sell though and seeing as no one would ever give us money for the donkey that is Keane it seems Holgate is the natural option to sell in defence if Branthwaite is coming back.
It's Holgate or Mina

Well we can’t buy until we sell. That’s the position we are in. There is nothing you or I can do about that.
That's true but your OP implied that what we were seeing at our club was representative of a broader trend. I replied that that was not true of the PL in general.

Don't get the calls for a box-to-box midfielder when both Doucoure and Allan do that role.

If Gbamin is supposedly our DM, he can't be trusted to stay fit and he's also seemingly an aggressive driving force when on the ball.

An actual sitting midfielder with discipline is a must before signing another headless chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.