Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be the first transfer of window in a long time where we’ve finished with a profit. FFP wise I assume this means we can go for it next summer.
D7DC38FD-238D-41F5-BCC0-4C4A2FA07A7E.png

I think next years the big one, Gilfi, Delph, Tosun is easily another £250,000 per week off the wage bill. I think Richarlison might go next summer to so should give us a bit more wiggle room

I'm concerned about the full back positions, because we will be massively weaker if Digne or Coleman get injured. I understand Nkounkou needing minutes, but given what went on yesterday, I'm not sure sending him out was the greatest idea. We have Kenny (not good enough) and Delph (not good enough and never fit) as our reserve full backs and then we are down to Holgate and Godfrey.

Taking the full back area to one side for a moment, despite it being incredibly frustrating that we didn't get any significant business done yesterday, the squad is stronger than the one we had available to us last season I would say, whether that's through players who are now fit or players we have signed over the summer. It's not where I hoped it would be, but I'm not quite at the point of despair with it. Might not be the most popular view this morning, but the evidence of the first few games suggests to me that the manager can get a tune out of them. Looking at the squad, the depth is there so we have 2 players competing for each position, ok there's a couple of names there like Kenny and Delph where I'm stretching the point (see the opening paragraph), but I don't think we are as bad off as a lot of people think currently.

I'd also point out that next summer we have Delph, Sigurdsson, James and Tosun all off the wage bill - that's not far off £500k per week so you'd hope we'd be able to back Benitez (or whoever is the manager at the time) a little better than we've been allowed to this summer.

View attachment 137624
I think next years the big one, Gilfi, Delph, Tosun is easily another £250,000 per week off the wage bill. I think Richarlison might go next summer to so should give us a bit more wiggle room
It always is. And now we have a threadbare squad, probably won’t fill a bench out all season and people still aren’t asking why we can’t spend.

I think we’ve got 15-20m as evidenced by what we were able to go to for Diaz and with that Patterson lad

Anything after that has to come from player sales/wages off the books

Unfortunately our DoF seems incapable of selling any players

I think we had some pennies from the window P/L difference of Bernard (immediate) and Gray (spread over several years) and offered £5mil for Patterson from that.

The £8mil, Rondon and AMN were just as/after Kean was on the way.

I think Cunha and Diaz were if Richarlison was leaving.

My guess is that we had £3/4mil in total to spend this summer and were leveraging over the next 4 or 5 years to take it higher

-Loan out back up left back
-Don't bring a right back to back up Coleman
- Small gone for nothing
-Baningime gone for nothing
-Kean loaned out for 2 years with money dripping in over 3 years. (Meanwhile Tammy Abraham goes for 34 mil)

Good times. We genuinely seem incompetent sometimes.

Kean is 2 years loan + permanent fee is spread over 3 years.
Horror show ain’t the word!
As I stated a month ago, I was adamant there’d be no Rondon, Shelvey, Longstaff type signings and the RB and the quality wide man would be bought in as soon as the chaff was sorted……I WAS WRONG and apologise to those I told to stop moaning and be patient @Rooney_Tunes @windymiller @MACCA75 @blue to the bone @Nymzee @Efcjake @sageyefc @Terrarian @zukai12_ @Blue Parkender @Zatara @d34noj @EFCccc @Bluestar and probs others
I honestly cannot believe, given who we got out of the door, that we did not add some actual quality. It certainly seems we tried, but we didn’t abs that is that

To be trying for the likes of AMN and De Beek at the twelfth hour while also haggling with Porto a week after your previous target (cunha) blew you out , really shows how inept our people are. I really should know this by now

see you all in January

Glad you see Benitez signed the players he wanted...

Do we win a trophy?

It always is. And now we have a threadbare squad, probably won’t fill a bench out all season and people still aren’t asking why we can’t spend.

Think this is an overreaction in all honesty, but an understandable one.

We have a squad of 25 players who you'd consider to be in the first team picture (26 I guess, but we won't get into that).

There are easily enough players here to put out a team and fill a bench and there's a reasonable spread of players across each position (with the arguable exception of full back), we just may not like some of them...

2122.jpg

Serge Aurier released on a free from spurs last night. No announcement about where he is going yet, he's 28, RB, good experience, got goals and assists in him, I think he would be an upgrade on what we have
I don’t think he’s an upgrade on a fit Coleman. Not just in terms of his performance but his attitude as a captain. He’s better than Kenny though or a Coleman that’s been flogged

Morning All,

In a final (two fingered?) salute to the transfer window I’ve compiled a final round up of the what was and what allegedly could have beens.

During a window were Barcelona swapped Luuk De Jong for France's Antoine Griezmann there is no doubt some clubs fared much better than others. The Blues have had their fingers burned over the last 5-6 years and hopefully a short period of prudence will help those concerned apply a more robust strategy if and when we can spend again.

For now we go with a solid enough team that is experienced, hungry, a little threadbare, appears galvanised and even remains unbeaten. Who knows what the future holds?

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Man United midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, wanted to leave Old Trafford - only for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to block the Netherlands international's loan move to Everton. (AD - in Dutch)

Everton did not submit an offer for Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek on deadline day.

There was talk that the Blues made a last-minute attempt to secure the services of the Dutchman on loan, only for it to be blocked by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

But the Athletic have claimed that no formal offers arrived for the former Ajax midfielder.

James Rodriguez failed to secure a deadline day move away from Everton.

The Colombian midfielder had been linked to the likes of Porto and AC Milan, though a transfer to either side failed to materialise.

The Blues had been hoping to use him as a makeweight in a deal to bring Porto winger Luis Diaz in the opposite direction, but this failed to take place in the end.

Salomon Rondon has expressed his pride after completing a deadline day move to Everton.

The Venezuelan striker was signed on a free transfer late last night and will look to serve as a reliable back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Discussing his Everton transfer, Rondon said: “I'm really glad to be back in the Premier League. It’s a competition I enjoyed playing in and where I felt the fans’ support in every game.

"Defending the colours of a club with a history as rich as Everton’s fills me with pride.

"I can’t wait to pull on the shirt and be reunited with Rafael Benítez, a coach who has changed the way I understand the game. I’m really grateful for the faith he’s shown in me.” (Echo)

Everton’s lingering hopes of signing Porto winger Luis Diaz completely collapsed ahead of the transfer deadline.

That’s according to Fabrizio Romano, who tweeted that the Diaz deal has ‘definitely collapsed’.

Romano added that there is no agreement and no way to resurrect the deal before the transfer deadline.

Arsenal have reportedly decided to keep Ainsley Maitland-Niles despite the loan interest from Everton.

Maitland-Niles went public on Instagram with his desire to leave, but the issue has now been sorted. According to Sky Sports, the 24-year-old held face-to-face discussions with Mikel Arteta earlier yesterday.

In the unplanned meeting, he was assured that he is in the first team plans, and will play more regularly this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.