2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been on his forum for a few weeks but of all the posts I have read yours are the most ridiculous. your pseudonym suggests quite clearly that you indeed have a bucket and an empty one at that for the your head. rather like another Lord who has allegedly been missing for decades, consequently unable to offer reasoned thought, your contribution is of a similar standard
This absolutely brand new never seen before poster totally roasted the Lord just now.

Scenarios.

Its fairly clear that this summers signings were all made by Benitez.

Gray, Lonergan, Begovic, Townsend and Rondon.

Its correct to state the cost was £1.7mil.

However, the wages must be around £300k a week.

Thats over £15mil a year + agent fees and bonuses.

Its not nothing.

Everybody else pays agents fees and wages though. We never know what they are, hence why they're rarely discussed or mentioned as part of a clubs transfer spend.

We've spent £1.7 million in transfer fees.

If you wanna play that game, how much have we actually spent then? And can we then revise everybody else's figures to show that we've still spent next to nothing?

Given the lack of spending, the loss of Sigurdsson and the injury crisis we can expect intermittently this season - I'll be glad to get to 40 points ASAP.

This board have handed a poison challice to Benitez. If he can get us top half it'll be way beyond my expectations.
It is what it is Dave, Benitez will do well to get us top half. I don't have too.muxh sympathy for him though, he knew what he was getting into and he wouldn't have got the job if things had been different.

I still think he is a bad fit for Everton, he is too divisive and will always split the fan base. I do though think he is on a hiding to nothing. Mind you he is being well paid for it.

Realistically this season we can finish as high as 5th if we keep our first team fit. We could also finish as low as 13th/14th if we have a really bad run with injuries. I think the manager does have some influence as he picks the team and makes the subs but ultimately it will be down to luck. Hopefully get our players back after the international break and get them in the team. If we finish low down and we are full strength that would be down to the manager but if it'd due to the injuries I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Everybody else pays agents fees and wages though. We never know what they are, hence why they're rarely discussed or mentioned as part of a clubs transfer spend.

We've spent £1.7 million in transfer fees.

If you wanna play that game, how much have we actually spent then? And can we then revise everybody else's figures to show that we've still spent next to nothing?

Im not sure what point youre trying to make here.

Weve spent £1.7mil in transfer fees + agent fees + signing bonuses + wages.

At the same time there are profit and sustainability rules which its claimed are why the club cant spend money and why we need to move James on due to his wages...as well as others simply to get wages off the books.

While adding £300k approx in weekly wages and all the ofher transfer linked payments.

No idea what "game" youre suggesting im playing.

The fact is that Benitez has had a far chunk to spend...£300k a week is alot of money.

Its not nothing.

Im not sure what point youre trying to make here.

Weve spent £1.7mil in transfer fees + agent fees + signing bonuses + wages.

At the same time there are profit and sustainability rules which its claimed are why the club cant spend money and why we need to move James on due to his wages...as well as others simply to get wages off the books.

While adding £300k approx in weekly wages and all the ofher transfer linked payments.

No idea what "game" youre suggesting im playing.

The fact is that Benitez has had a far chunk to spend...£300k a week is alot of money.
nonsense.

nonsense.

£300k a week is a lot of money to spend on wages for short term squad players.

To simplify things for you as you dont seem to be able to grasp that, its the equivilent of paying £100k a week to 3 starting players such as a Right back, Right winger and centre midfielder.

Players we actually need.

Its not nothing.
In comparison to the majority of the league it absolutely is nothing. Spending 1.7 million to bring in 5 players on a combined 300k a week is pennies in the premier league.

£300k a week is a lot of money to spend on wages for short term squad players.

To simplify things for you as you dont seem to be able to grasp that, its the equivilent of paying £100k a week to 3 starting players such as a Right back, Right winger and centre midfielder.

Players we actually need.
You're bemoaning the profligacy of the manager in the window just gone. With the five years we've just had, and the performance to date of the waifs and strays he's got in, and your criticising the new guy for spending too much money on duds.
And even if we'd spent a bomb and they were all hopeless, we've played how many games this season?
If I were you I'd use your keyboard as a frizbee and send it into next door's garden. then go looking for it in March and see where we are

I've only been on his forum for a few weeks but of all the posts I have read yours are the most ridiculous. your pseudonym suggests quite clearly that you indeed have a bucket and an empty one at that for the your head. rather like another Lord who has allegedly been missing for decades, consequently unable to offer reasoned thought, your contribution is of a similar standard
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.