2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison has been rumoured to want out for a while so I don't think anybody would be surprised if he was next. It just depends on the right bid coming in.
Bids will be made public now as both will seek ambitions elswhere can see them both gone very soon, the message is clear club treading water. Be easier to get tickets and fair few will shoot up season ticket waiting list, if they hang in.

£300k a week is a lot of money to spend on wages for short term squad players.

To simplify things for you as you dont seem to be able to grasp that, its the equivilent of paying £100k a week to 3 starting players such as a Right back, Right winger and centre midfielder.

Players we actually need.
To be honest if we had spent £300k per week on a lad from Italy or Spain who was doing what Gray is doing at the moment, we would all be declaring it the best business of the transfer window? For me his form alone means the money, whilst not insubstantial, is good value based on our return so far. Obviously he could revert to previous form and fizzle out. But we have spent proper large transfer fees, (+agents fees, wages etc.) on utter dross over the past four or five seasons, who failed to even reach s standrad they could ‘fizzle out’ from. Or so whilst it is a lot of money, it is currently the best value we have had (so far) in a long, long time.

To be honest if we had spent £300k per week on a lad from Italy or Spain who was doing what Gray is doing at the moment, we would all be declaring it the best business of the transfer window? For me his form alone means the money, whilst not insubstantial, is good value based on our return so far. Obviously he could revert to previous form and fizzle out. But we have spent proper large transfer fees, (+agents fees, wages etc.) on utter dross over the past four or five seasons, who failed to even reach s standrad they could ‘fizzle out’ from. Or so whilst it is a lot of money, it is currently the best value we have had (so far) in a long, long time.

I think £300k is a stretch for Gray, however I would guess hes on around £50k and if we had signed someone who was the same age from Brazil and were paying him £100k a week then Id certainly not be complaining at the moment.

Having said that, would you say Begovic, Lonergan, Rondon and Townsend are worth the other £250k a week?

Lets not forget that Towsend and Rondon are 2 year contracts with options for a 3rd. Thats not a short term 1 year commitment for this season, 2 years eats into our budget.

Id say that this isnt "the best value weve had in a long time", its alot of money and were only a very short period into these deals.

Godfrey, Allan and Doucoure are probably earning £250k a week combined to put some perspective on things.

I think £300k is a stretch for Gray, however I would guess hes on around £50k and if we had signed someone who was the same age from Brazil and were paying him £100k a week then Id certainly not be complaining at the moment.

Having said that, would you say Begovic, Lonergan, Rondon and Townsend are worth the other £250k a week?

Lets not forget that Towsend and Rondon are 2 year contracts with options for a 3rd. Thats not a short term 1 year commitment for this season, 2 years eats into our budget.

Id say that this isnt "the best value weve had in a long time", its alot of money and were only a very short period into these deals.

Godfrey, Allan and Doucoure are probably earning £250k a week combined to put some perspective on things.
Even you don't actually believe that we've spent a lot of money on these players. It might not be the best value in history but it's not even close to a lot of money when you put it into context. It suits your narrative and nothing more.

In saying that you thought we could get Bellingham.

We had injuries last season too and Benitez wanted James out, it was his choice. Looking at the clubs that finished around us last season only Villa have materially improved their squad, 10th isn't an achievement, it's par.
And that par was easily good enough to secure Ancelotti his job.

And that par was easily good enough to secure Ancelotti his job.
Fair enough, and I'm sure 10th would keep Benitez in his too. It's just nothing special. In all honesty, I think it is highly likely that Moshiri is done spending and just wants us to be a going concern until BMD is built and he can flog us on to another oligarch or US sporting corporation. Benitez will be here unless we end up in a genuine relegation scrap, unfortunately. Evertoon.

Fair enough, and I'm sure 10th would keep Benitez in his too. It's just nothing special. In all honesty, I think it is highly likely that Moshiri is done spending and just wants us to be a going concern until BMD is built and he can flog us on to another oligarch or US sporting corporation. Benitez will be here unless we end up in a genuine relegation scrap, unfortunately. Evertoon.
That's what I've said.

Terrible expecting mid table, 11 points away from champion league, last season. A season had us the fan been in Goodison we would have achieved , now to high fives for finishing 7th to 14th.
Some beauts on here dont care where we finish. As long as Raffy, Rafatollah their loveable dinosaur is still here next season they'll be happy enough.

The number of points we'll get is almost entirely dependent on how fit DCL/Richy are over the season.

Fit most weeks = 55 points

Out a lot = cross your fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.