2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't see blue crimbo at this rate.
Can't wait to see the bedsheet bandits heads explode when he puts a red bauble on his christmas tree.

If he doesn't win on saturday against the worst prem side since Derby County in 07/08 then I'll be begging them to let me join the club.

They were only considered starters by some because they were overhyped too quickly. I'm not writing off Godfrey because he has scope to improve, but his start to the season has been extremely poor. Holgate I just don't think is good enough.

People will keep arguing I'm wrong, but our best two defenders are Mina and Keane by a huge distance.
I'm gutted by Godfreys current form tbh. He annoyed me with his demeanour after his penalty last night as well. Did he get something shouted at him when he missed the first one?

Mason Mount made 54 appearances last season plus England games, so probably around 65 in total.
But Gray and Doucoure who don’t even play internationals can’t play about 3 league cup games?

It’s nonsense tbh. Best team, every game, unless they are a specific injury concern.
This is the part I really don't get. Squad rotation is necessary under certain circumstances, but why would you run 30 year old Andros Townsend and 32 year old Salomon Rondon while resting 25 year old Demarai Gray and 28 year old Abdoulaye Doucoure?
Like, aren't the older ones the ones you're supposed to rest? If it's because Gray and Doucoure both played 90 last game, why did they play 90 last game when the last 20 minutes were spent chasing a lost cause? Part of squad rotation is anticipating these things when you know you're going into a period of fixture congestion, and it appears that wasn't really accounted for.

They’ve got more chance of being injured in training. Finch Farm is where most of injuries are picked up.

They spend more time on the pitch at Finch Farm than during matches so that itself wouldn't be a surprise. However very different from playing a championship side who may decide to kick lumps out of you much in the same way Burnley accounted for a few of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.