2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11 players behind the ball last season away from home didn't get the fans exited. Having our worst home record in history last season is what he is trying to rectify. He is attempting to appease the fans at least. Having a half fit squad is not helping matters that was obviously needing a replenishment but unable to because he had no money. Tough task for anyone so might as well leave him be to get on with things and hope the better players stay fit together

Set. Pieces.

I'm very surprised it took him 40 minutes, and seeing us go 2 down, plus a narrowly ruled out VAR goal to work out 442 wasnt working. We dropped a winger in. Imagine how we might have done has we started with a midfield 3.
Said this in the match thread yesterday, if we go with a two man midfield, Wolves’ pace will cut us to pieces. If I can see that, why can’t the master tactician?

It hasn’t worked. Do a Tottenham and replace
Of course we won’t
The worry is Moshiri digs his heels in now to try and prove himself right after going against the fans on this to hire him in the first place, unfortunately it might be too late by the time he has to back down

1635808062719.png

"Sub on Rondon then bring me a fish supper..."

Set. Pieces.
Is that it. I really cannot remember us being ever great at set pieces to be honest. Still think it is down to the players to have the nous to deal with them but only Keane Mina and DCL are decent at dealing against set pieces. Maybe the Goalie could help out a bit instead of being a Tim Howard coward at crosses.

:D

You are on a friggin wind up aren't you?

Allardyce? He spent £50m in one window on Tosun and Walcott and both were on a combined £140k p/week.

Christ.

That was Steve Walsh man.

And yes Alladyce would have been crap to watch but it wouldn't have been any worse than giving £200 million to Silva/Brands to whizz up the wall, hiring Carlo on a record contract, give him £70 million to largely waste all to finish 8th, 12th & 10th in the years that followed.

We need to get this idealism out of our heads - we need just 1-2 seasons of steady recruitment and prudent spending - get the crap out the squad and we go again.

This summer was the start of the rebuild/reset - to sack Benitez, appoint an Eddie Howe, hand him £50+ million to lash and be back to square one when he's pumped for having us in the bottom 6 with the same cowardly players isn't the answer.

Benitez see's his 2 years out and regardless of where we finish we just need to see the back of the likes of Toshun, Holgate, Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Gbamin, Delph with a few decent players brought in has to be the aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.