Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison had a 3 game ban, and a head injury and another knock
Digne broken ankle
Coleman constantly injured
Mina constantly injured
Gomes constantly injured
Pickford shoulder injury, and Olsen out at same time meaning Virginia played against City
Mina constantly injured
Holgate 3 months with broken toe
DCL 2 separate hamstring injuries
James fit once a month
Delph never fit

I could go on and on. The only difference thos year is that DCL has been out longer. That doesn't make it OK to have the worst form in 22 years. Its one player.
That is a whole season, not 2-3 months with EVERYONE who matters injured for periods of time

But the poster said he had a full squad which was not true and we started well due to no injuries. But Benitez started well due to no injuries as well in his first few games.

Our form then dropped last season when we had no full backs available, and then towards the end of the season when mina, doucoure, allan, dcl, James spent several games out (which also overlapped). We also lost digne, Holgate and other for significant periods. Its disingenuous to act like injuries is a new thing this season.
Last year was the same thoughts " we are cursed" . " no other club gets injuries like us" . Same Sh!t different smell , the smell being benitez.

Digne broken ankle
Mina constantly injured
Gomes constantly injured
Pickford shoulder injury, and Olsen out at same time meaning Virginia played against City
Mina constantly injured
James fit once a month
Delph never fit

I could go on and on. The only difference thos year is that DCL has been out longer. That doesn't make it OK to have the worst form in 22 years. Its one player.
Tim don't even set a timeline up it just doesn't fit the agenda.

Digne broken ankle
Mina constantly injured
Gomes constantly injured
Mina constantly injured
James fit once a month
Delph never fit

He had gylf all season who we have had to replace with iwobi!

That is a whole season, not 2-3 months with EVERYONE who matters injured for periods of time

Are you denying we had big injuries last year? What in my post is untrue?

I remember watching games with Delph and Iwobi as wing backs last year. I remember watching our third string keeper playing against the best team in the country. Yet Ancelotti got absolutely no slack for any of his issues.

I disgree with you, I lost count on the times I said "When Carlo gets our full strength team out" last season.

Even with players out he managed to get some good results, look at the difference in the Derby game I highlighted earlier. If you take Townsend, Gray, Godfrey and Rondon from that starting XI on Wednesday and replace them with Holgate, Davies, Gomes and Rodriguez you will get the team that won 2-0 at Anfield.

Who done the better job here??? Billy BS Benitez or Carlo

1638622740525-png.147533

The main argument for sacking him at this stage for what I can see is that it could potentially galvanise the fan base at a time when we seem to be more fractured and disconsolate than we have been for years

Outside of that, any other manager we get in is still going to face the same issues that Benitez currently does

Is it worth pumping out all that compo just to make Goodison that little bit less toxic?
No it's because he isn't getting the best out of the players and we haven't won since September. If that doesn't alarm you I suggest you look at the league table.

I just don't think we are in a position to do this Terry. That theory is based upon premier league status.
We have to do something. It's not just buying or loaning in January that is our only hope. We have to get rid of those that clearly don't have the talent or the heart. We are notoriously poor finishers at the end of the season so Jan - March are crucial months. If Benitez has anything about him he'll know who to ditch. A new person coming in will want to 'assess' the squad. That'll be a wasted window. We all know who needs to be sold - or contracts cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.