2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Brandstastrophe didn't like him doesn't mean I was wrong. He's made his way back to the PL after that.

If you dont think Dowell has talent then you dont know about football.
Dave, you said he was going to be an England international quality player. Now he’s 24 and a reserve for Norwich. Excuse me if I don’t think you’re all knowing when it comes to scouting and talent.

I also have a thing about people saying things like, “See I told you he was awesome,” after one performance, acting like they don’t also get loads wrong.

Dowell was a great talent, I always felt he lacked the necessary aggression.
This in a nutshell. If you pulled together Dowell's highlights you can see the technique he has with a football. I'd say what he can do is more impressive than what Gordon has shown (so far!).

However, what Gordon has started to show is he can play the game both with and without the ball.

This is something that Dowell has never particularly done, hence his benched status with Norwich.

Watching that reaction again from another angle to the equalizer. It wasnt fake. Im not going to mention any names but you can see who really wanted something from that game and who were, ok, i'll go pleased. But it wouldnt have hurt if we did or didnt.
We need it to hurt. It might not always get you results against quality but some of the performances the past few years have really embarrassed me as an Evertonian. To the point where im if they cant be arsed why should i.
I enjoyed not only Gordons performance but that reaction. If we can bottle that and get 11 out there with the same.

Watching that reaction again from another angle to the equalizer. It wasnt fake. Im not going to mention any names but you can see who really wanted something from that game and who were, ok, i'll go pleased. But it wouldnt have hurt if we did or didnt.
We need it to hurt. It might not always get you results against quality but some of the performances the past few years have really embarrassed me as an Evertonian. To the point where im if they cant be arsed why should i.
I enjoyed not only Gordons performance but that reaction. If we can bottle that and get 11 out there with the same.
name and shame Gilbs

As well as running his backside off and causing Chelsea problems it was his constant encouragement and cajoling of those around him that caught my eye. Very mature performance.

Well i've also seen the clip at the final whistle where an Everton player was stopped and told to go to the away fans.
No point in saying his name. He prob dislikes us as much as we dislike him.
But thats what we need to get rid of. That awful non competitive attitude.
Come on Gilbs, I need someone to boo, give me a name big fella, give me that SoaB

Status
Not open for further replies.