2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course every game Gordon has won't be great

He's young and still developing

That's why we as a fan base need to be measured and mature about it, recognising that he isn't going to be amazing every week and that we need to be patient as he continues to grow into the player he will eventually become

To make snap judgments at this stage as to how good he is going to eventually be in either one direction or the next is an utterly flawed stance to take

We need to wait, see how he develops and, most importantly, we need to support him

Anyone waiting intently, bordering on excitement, at the thought of him having a bad game so they come on the internet and demand he be culled do not have the clubs best interests at heart

A post full of backhanded compliments

Sadly a common theme that happens with the younger players. DCL got it a lot as well
The problem with DCL always was that he was solid in all the areas you want a striker to be solid in other than the primary job responsibility of finishing, and it's rare to see that one get fixed. Presumably, credit goes to Big Dunc and DCL's attitude on that one.

I think there's more here than there was with Tom, who never seemed to excel at anything. I'll admit to some concern that he'll catch some undeserved flak that should be attributed to our failings at RB.

….he has more ability than he’s shown, I just think he concentrates too much on doing the hard work and graft. He’s a talented lad, he strikes a ball sweetly (which is why he takes free kicks) and has goals in his locker.

Still waiting to see his curly wurly, I guarantee it’s there.
Was kind of thinking similar yesterday. It almost seems like when he’s playing with the more full senior squad, he defers to them, whereas yesterday he looked around and knew he had to be a key player and actually play his normal game. Hope he’s getting coached up. Still think he’s got a long ways to go in terms of being a top player for his age but there were some signs that he can keep getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.