2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't "lose" James, we (and by "we" I mean Benitez) binned him off.

King and Bernard contributed pretty much nothing last season (and I'm someone who quite liked Bernard).
I accept what you say, but James had to go for financial reasons as well as Benitez opinion of him and there was no money reinvested from his sale.

I also agree on King and Bernard, but again, finances played a part with Bernard and the decision on Kink was taken while Ancelotti was still at the club. So essentially for whatever reason, James, King, Bernard and Siggy have been replaced with Townsend; Gray and Rondon.

We are a player down and still haven’t dealt with some of the glaring issues in the squad.

Hilarious that Bielsa and Moyes get the injury excuse whilst Benitez doesn’t, even though we’ve been calling this since the start of the season.

The best is ‘look how Bielsa has had to deal with injuries’…yeah he’s been in the bottom three….
all you see from the media is about our injury problems, literally everytime they mention everton they mention it.

I accept what you say, but James had to go for financial reasons as well as Benitez opinion of him and there was no money reinvested from his sale.

I also agree on King and Bernard, but again, finances played a part with Bernard and the decision on Kink was taken while Ancelotti was still at the club. So essentially for whatever reason, James, King, Bernard and Siggy have been replaced with Townsend; Gray and Rondon.

We are a player down and still haven’t dealt with some of the glaring issues in the squad.
The “James had to go for financial reasons” is an interesting one. It’s probably true, but the maths is strange, particularly in the sense of how it shapes the perception of his time here.

If we’d paid £10m for him and paid him £75k p/w I don’t think anyone would have batted an eyelid, and yet that would have been a bigger outlay than the total money we actually spent on him.

Yes mate, that's right we need to keep that head of steam Benitez has masterfully built up going. I feel ya! Champions-something is within our grasp.
Benitez has a CV moyes doesn't. Got to get the brainwash washed out that Bill and Moyes did a great job at. Ha ha. Benitez has actually got a CV with a few things on it.

small print: Not a benitez supporter but not a Benitez basher for the sake of a Liverpool connection. Looking at the merit of managers over career and Benitez wipes the floor with Moyes. When I see remarks that are born out of hatred rather than sense then I will speak out. Small club comment is similar to 'should let players go to further the career (Baines & Fellani). If that is not saying we are a small club then I don't know what is.

You are so easy to wind up and just to watch you all spit feathers makes it worth while because you all start spouting Vitriol and become easily unhinged:)
OH GOD, THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS!
It looks like success to me or shall we bury it because it is Benitez

Benitez has a CV moyes doesn't. Got to get the brainwash washed out that Bill and Moyes did a great job at. Ha ha. Benitez has actually got a CV with a few things on it.

small print: Not a benitez supporter but not a Benitez basher for the sake of a Liverpool connection. Looking at the merit of managers over career and Benitez wipes the floor with Moyes. When I see remarks that are born out of hatred rather than sense then I will speak out. Small club comment is similar to 'should let players go to further the career (Baines & Fellani). If that is not saying we are a small club then I don't know what is.

You are so easy to wind up and just to watch you all spit feathers makes it worth while because you all start spouting Vitriol and become easily unhinged:)

Lol

The “James had to go for financial reasons” is an interesting one. It’s probably true, but the maths is strange, particularly in the sense of how it shapes the perception of his time here.

If we’d paid £10m for him and paid him £75k p/w I don’t think anyone would have batted an eyelid, and yet that would have been a bigger outlay than the total money we actually spent on him.
I think he wanted to leave too. The manner of Ancelott’s departure probably shocked him.

I have no doubt that Benitez would not have used him, but I also have no doubt that he wanted to leave and that the club needed to make savings on wages.

Technically they both have CVs, so that sounds silly.

Floating an EFL trophy and the no mark European pots we chuckle at Big Red for talking up smells desperate to me.

Talking of being wound up, folk have jumped in assuming the Moyes-Benitez swap suggestion was serious. It's almost like folk want a chance to fight Bennys cause.

all you see from the media is about our injury problems, literally everytime they mention everton they mention it.

When even the media recognise it you have to question why this forum is out for his blood. Look at Bielsa, a load of injuries and he’s in the relegation zone, that’s fine for him, but apparently it’s not an excuse for Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.