Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based upon what? Again. Tell me which game you have watched him that led you to think he'd be benched at Everton and ripped apart. Because I've watched him closely and see nothing of the sort. Indeed I, and those involved in the game in in Scotland have quite the opposite attitude. The same people who thought Tierney, VVD, Mcginn etc would excell.

I'm genuinely interested in your feedback.
I called VVD before anyone on here mate. Tierney was always going to be good down here as (unlike Patterson) he proived himself season in season out and in Europe. McGinn? He's a busy dog. He's not anyone's idea of a success - which is why he's with Villa.

Patterson: still waiting to hear if you rate him as a defender....THE job of a full back last time I heard.

Like Coleman then. As Least this kid will have energy and desire and looks technically good. Instead of watching Coleman get to half way, stop and play the ball back to our CB’s
Coleman was MILES better than Patterson going forward and even in defence a few years back.

This lad is getting the 'Robertson and Tierney' treatment...he's nowhere near that.

rangers will be pissing themselves at getting decent cash for their sub.

Believe what you want. You cant make a case for that lad as a defender and that speaks volumes.

You never asked me to make a case for him as defender. Which I could incidentally. His performances in the Europa League last season and his outstanding performances for Scotland outwith his debut Vs Czech Republic alone. Hence why I don't believe you've watched him and have based this non informed opinion based on a dislike of Gerrard and have arrogantly and ignorantly stuck to your guns on it.

Anyways, peace out. I'll update more if I get more. I'd expect a wee bit more, but not too much now it's in the final details.

You never asked me to make a case for him as defender. Which I could incidentally. His performances in the Europa League last season and his outstanding performances for Scotland outwith his debut Vs Czech Republic alone. Hence why I don't believe you've watched him and have based this non informed opinion based on a dislike of Gerrard and have arrogantly and ignorantly stuck to your guns on it.

Anyways, peace out. I'll update more if I get more. I'd expect a wee bit more, but not too much now it's in the final details.
If you watched any of those games and you saw a defender you must be watching different games to me.

I have no problem in conceding he's a talent going forward, but as a defender he is 'kin rank.

Please dont take the piss on that. He is nowhere near the level of a Robertson or a Tierney when they were at his age.

I'm staggered Benitez is going for this.

If you watched any of those games and you saw a defender you must be watching different games to me.

I have no problem in conceding he's a talent going forward, but as a defender he is 'kin rank.

Please dont take the piss on that. He is nowhere near the level of a Robertson or a Tierney when they were at his age.

I'm staggered Benitez is going for this.

He is significantly above the level of Robertson when he left Scotland. I know I bowed out but I guarantee you that. Granted both aren't Maldini esq in their defending abilities. But I'm sure you'll agree the significantly less talented one at the age of 20 has done ok in that league.

Based on which game you have watched mate? Genuinely interested?

Wait for the lies...wait for it...wait for it....

I've seen all his Scotland games and rangers sub appearances this season. I can tell you that he cant defend and will be utterly battered down here.

He's a winger who cant defend. Whoever plays in front of him are going to have to be chasing back all game and CBs getting pulled over to help out.

Are you actually telling me you see a defender in there?

There we go lol

Now we have confirmation that he's going to be a good player as @davek doesnt rate him lol

I don't believe you mate. Simple as that. Not getting involved in an argument but I think you are chatting complete wham.

Doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to be fair :)

There were some stats on his defending posted in here and online and he was rated very highly in all metrics.

Its clear as day that @davek hasnt seen him or is just clueless as usual.

Now, if he played for Ireland or Celtic Im sure he would be raving about him...just like @Bluerover

Any Rangers player is *insert rude words* while Irish and Celtic are amazing...

Utterly bizarre.

I called VVD before anyone on here mate. Tierney was always going to be good down here as (unlike Patterson) he proived himself season in season out and in Europe. McGinn? He's a busy dog. He's not anyone's idea of a success - which is why he's with Villa.

Patterson: still waiting to hear if you rate him as a defender....THE job of a full back last time I heard.

[COLOR=rgb(0, 38, 115)][IMG width="48px" height="48px" alt="davek"]https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/data/avatars/m/1/1745.jpg?1602702207[/IMG][/COLOR]

davek

Player Valuation: £90m​

Forum Supporter
You are ignoring content by this member.
TippEverton said:
I know there skint like but they probably should have steered cleared of Mouyokolo, Van Dijk beside him was just as bad at times, poorest performace from a centre half pairing i'v seen in a long while.

They did have chances Celtic, wasted by Samaras first half, and Forrest should have taken his in the second.
Those two were terrible. They missed Wanyama big time. Everything went outside, it was predictable and easily snuffed out.

I do like Forrest though. Him and Izaguirre would be most welcome here.

lol

The modern full back doesn’t defend anymore

Their role is to attack as much as possible and let someone else cover their position whilst they track back

Neither Liverpool full backs defend and they have won a prem league title and champions league in recent times which ain’t too shabby

The team I was close to, very nearly signed Robertson at the same age as Patterson, well a year younger, but were concerned about his defensive ability. It caused the deal to fall down. He's since won the champions league and is Scotland captain. They are in the championship in Scotland.

[COLOR=rgb(0, 38, 115)][IMG width="48px" height="48px" alt="davek"]https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/data/avatars/m/1/1745.jpg?1602702207[/IMG][/COLOR]

davek

Player Valuation: £90m​

Forum Supporter
You are ignoring content by this member.

Those two were terrible. They missed Wanyama big time. Everything went outside, it was predictable and easily snuffed out.

I do like Forrest though. Him and Izaguirre would be most welcome here.

lol

Before everyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.