2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re paying a fat kopite legend several million per tear to actively destroy our club.

Round of applause for Moshiri for this shame, Iranian dope
It was so so obvious too. Did he just over look his recent record or just get taken in by his name and his cups over a decade and a half ago? And why is a horrific run for Benitez ok, but for Koeman and Silva it wasn't?

If we sack him in my view the cycle will just repeat. This is where I think we are fundamentally different and why there’s no agreement in this debate.

I don’t think any manager would get anything decent out of these players. Ancelotti was trying everything and even he had ended up playing a horrible 5 at the back and hoping to nick a point and by the end even that wasn’t working.

So for me the manager at the moment is a complete irrelevance. If we fire him, that’s just a stay of execution for these rubbish players and less money for us to replace them.

I am convinced this group isn’t capable of getting European football, so for me the difference between us limping into 9th with a fake new manager bounce or disinhibition 12-15th retaining the current manager is neither here nor there this season. If we get a new manager then Coleman Keane and co will have him under a bus before the Jan window next season anyway.

So for me my main concern is to get these players out. Arguably not firing Benitez prior to this window has allowed us to close on Mykolenko and Patterson early on and will hopefully see some exits. Had we fired him then in the uncertainty some players who need to go will have survived. Perked up the second half of the season to ensure they don’t go over the summer, then go about getting another manager fired next year.

Time to break the cycle. There’s no dreamworld where a Kovac or similar comes in mid season and gets the useless lard arses in our team doing anything, they can barely pass a ball this lot. They’re like no other squad in the league I know of, just a bunch of apathetic cowards happy to cower behind successive sacked managers. Get them out.

The general anti-Benitez posts just go around in circles now. 76.4% in the vote want him gone and the arguments are clear from both sides.

If theres going to be a positive from his reign then Id like it to be in the form of recycling the players.

The positives are on the flanks with Gray/Gordon and now Mykolenko/Patterson.

No matter who scouted these players, I imagine Benitez signed them off as both stated that they had talked positively with him.

Aside from the 5 out of contract in the summer, there are 11 further players that need to be moved out of the club.

While the goalposts may change, If he's able to get rid off 5 or 6 of those players this window then that can only be a positive.

As for the results, if they dont improve then he'll be sacked. However, if he shows some nous on the recruitment side then there may be a DOF role for him.

The general anti-Benitez posts just go around in circles now. 76.4% in the vote want him gone and the arguments are clear from both sides.

If theres going to be a positive from his reign then Id like it to be in the form of recycling the players.

The positives are on the flanks with Gray/Gordon and now Mykolenko/Patterson.

No matter who scouted these players, I imagine Benitez signed them off as both stated that they had talked positively with him.

Aside from the 5 out of contract in the summer, there are 11 further players that need to be moved out of the club.

While the goalposts may change, If he's able to get rid off 5 or 6 of those players this window then that can only be a positive.

As for the results, if they dont improve then he'll be sacked. However, if he shows some nous on the recruitment side then there may be a DOF role for him.
Yes
but we still have Rondon/Begovic and possibly Longstaff.... Looks like the familiar level of 'recycling' to me...some good, some bad...all with us for years.
If we can at least keep salaries low, we have more chance of shifting those on that don't work out. Can't fall into the high wage to attract trap anymore
Definitely he should be sacked if they don't improve, he's getting far more leeway than others do for some reason(lives in the area?)
Can't see him moving to any DoF role after getting sacked as manager, there's no way he'd do that graciously

Yes
but we still have Rondon/Begovic and possibly Longstaff.... Looks like the familiar level of 'recycling' to me...some good, some bad...all with us for years.
If we can at least keep salaries low, we have more chance of shifting those on that don't work out. Can't fall into the high wage to attract trap anymore
Definitely he should be sacked if they don't improve, he's getting far more leeway than others do for some reason(lives in the area?)
Can't see him moving to any DoF role after getting sacked as manager, there's no way he'd do that graciously

We can just look at the deals overall so far or each in isolation.

By the end of this window we can judge a bit more on his recruitment and ability to move players on.

As for DOF that may have been the plan...manage for 3 years then become DOF. It may he advanced due to his poor managerial performance.

We can just look at the deals overall so far or each in isolation.

By the end of this window we can judge a bit more on his recruitment and ability to move players on.

As for DOF that may have been the plan...manage for 3 years then become DOF. It may he advanced due to his poor managerial performance.
I don't think Benitez sees himself as a DoF. Even though he's doing crap with us atm he seems very much passionate about management. Can't see it happening personally but who knows. Where has this idea even came from? Was it rumoured that this was the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.