2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Bernard did try his best but wasn't up to it because he's bang average and not suited to PL footy?

I mean I don’t think that’s true, his level when he first joined was miles above the player he was by the end. A complete anonymity whenever he came on.

If it is true though, then all the more reason he should have been moved out. If a bang average player who isn’t suited to PL football is in love with the club then something is wrong. They should hate being here because they’re not playing, they’re being paid jack, and they’re constantly feeling like they’re being forced out.

Instead we’re paying them 100k a week to play when they feel like it and see out 5 year contracts.

I think he was decent his first two seasons, didn't really ever get a run in the final season and he was going to be sold last Jan but Carlo vetoed it.

He said similar in the summer though. You can separate the two out. There's something rotten at the club and the players know it too.
But you will never know the truth. Maybe we forced him out last summer and he got told a few home truths. End of the day, we spent a lot of money on him and he didn’t give us value for. Money.

I’m sure Tosun & delph will be next

Benitez could rip it all to shreds if he was winning games.

We've won two games since October. He's one more loss/defeat off matching his 2 wins in 16 games run he went on in China.

Maybe these players who have had an easy ride for years don't like someone coming in and changing everything.

It's hard to win games with a squad of world class players when they are unhappy as Ralf Rangnick is finding out.

Even harder to win games with a bunch of very average players that are unhappy.
There's something rotten at the club and the players know it too.

Could it be they are one and the same?

I mean I don’t think that’s true, his level when he first joined was miles above the player he was by the end. A complete anonymity whenever he came on.

If it is true though, then all the more reason he should have been moved out. If a bang average player who isn’t suited to PL football is in love with the club then something is wrong. They should hate being here because they’re not playing, they’re being paid jack, and they’re constantly feeling like they’re being forced out.

Instead we’re paying them 100k a week to play when they feel like it and see out 5 year contracts.
I think there’s a bit of revisionism going on when it comes to Bernard. Many say he was dead good to start with and then declined. I think he was always crap, we just willed him to be good because he was Brazilian and free and we wanted those little flashes of brilliance and good link-up with Digne to turn into something more.

As time went on and we realised it wouldn’t, we felt more free to call him out for being dump.

You seem a very angry fellow. I think the swerve is the right move for you.

1642071902475.png

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

If he loved the club as much as he pretends to, he would have followed Benitez’s tactical instructions, played against Chelsea, kept his mouth shut, and not pushed for a move.

He loves himself and his attacking stats far more though so threw his toys out the pram because Benitez points out it’s not a good idea to be half way up the pitch when Salah is ripping you a new one.

We really don’t need these sort of characters, regardless of how good a player they are. The team has to come first.

After reading what Digne had said, it’s a bit sad he’s gone as I think he was more than happy here, but Benitez must have made it impossible for him to stay. Personally I don’t think he will be a massive loss, but still a bit sad how he was pushed out.

We played better last season for that run of games when Godfrey and Holgate were at fullback. Ancelotti had him on the wing.

The guy couldn’t defend. Decent player, yes, but certainly nothing to cry over and he’s not going to make or break the team by leaving.

He’s gone to a bottom half premier league team because they outbid a team at the bottom of the table who were his only other suitor. He’s just not that good, that’s his level. Ok full back who can cross a ball but struggles defensively = bottom half.

Ancelotti had him on the wing for 2 games in which we won against Wolves and drawn against Leicester.

He got an assist in the Wolves game and captained the Leicester game.

Your narrative doesn't pass any tests.

Maybe these players who have had an easy ride for years don't like someone coming in and changing everything.

It's hard to win games with a squad of world class players when they are unhappy as Ralf Rangnick is finding out.

Even harder to win games with a bunch of very average players that are unhappy.

Could it be they are one and the same?
Benitez came in and they have to work, many haven’t liked that. He’s certainly maki g his own mark on the squad so if he fails it’s totally down to him now.

Ancelotti had him on the wing for 2 games in which we won against Wolves and drawn against Leicester.

I think that was the best way to utilise Digne, but that’s not important now as he’s gone.

Why would you put such a good left back on the wing though?

Is this to be celebrated? A draw with Leicester and an assist against Wolves?

Why would you put such a good left back on the wing though?

We hardly had a team to put out in that Wolves game. I think Sigurdsson played as a centre forward. I think DCL was injured and Richarlison was only on the bench coming back from a head knock he got against United in the cup. Tosun was our only fit striker and he had just played 2 hours of football against Rotherham 3 days earlier.

He's actually insulted his new club already. Saying it was only the manager he came to play for.

Lol.

I think that is the most stupid thing I have seen you post. Rooney said he went to Man U because of Ferguson and I would bet he’s not the only one, does that mean he insulted Man U?

Status
Not open for further replies.