2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. They built unity on doing things their way. Pep even shipped Ibrahimovic out of Barca because he wouldn’t. He rowed with Henry about staying on the line. He punted the likes of Deco Ronaldinho even Etoo eventually because they wouldn’t do what he wanted.

The point you are missing is that whether they’re right or wrong, the manager has to be in charge. Then they can be judged accordingly. You cannot have players deciding tactics at any club.
No Pep got rid of the egotistical people in the team. His first real job at his club.

Fat Benny has gone into every club and upset a player or more and caused disruption in the club. It his MO

And no player was deciding tactics, a player question the tactics because we had won 1 game in 3 months yet the manager chose not to change

That’s they type of player I want, who won’t stand for crap

No Pep got rid of the egotistical people in the team. His first real job at his club.

Fat Benny has gone into every club and upset a player or more and caused disruption in the club. It his MO

And no player was deciding tactics, a player question the tactics because we had won 1 game in 3 months yet the manager chose not to change

That’s they type of player I want, who won’t stand for crap

Like left backs who care more about attacking stats than doing what they’re told by the manager.

No, like left backs who don’t accept 1 win in 3 months. I mean if you’re happy with that then that’s fine. I’m not and neither was our left back

Maybe the left back refusing to follow instructions is one of the reasons the record is so poor. He certainly didn’t cover himself in glory this season, and his performance against Liverpool was utterly abysmal.

Maybe the left back refusing to follow instructions is one of the reasons the record is so poor. He certainly didn’t cover himself in glory this season, and his performance against Liverpool was utterly abysmal.
Yes it was all Dignes fault we won 1 game in 3 months. Not the managers inept tactics.

I thought that we when got rolled at Crystal Palace - if Digne had played this would have been 6

Jesus Christ that’s new one

Yes it was all Dignes fault we won 1 game in 3 months. Not the managers inept tactics.

I thought that we when got rolled at Crystal Palace - if Digne had played this would have been 6

Jesus Christ that’s new one

Did you read my post when I said ‘one’ of the reasons?

How did you transpire that into ‘Yes it was all Digne’s fault’

Honestly it stuff like that which is most annoying about some of the Benitez out crowd, you’re not even reading the debate against you.

Should have rowed a bit harder for the good ship Everton. The message is clear now, if you’re not 100% committed to working hard for the team then you’re out. That’s how it should be.
Exactly how it should be and if our fans would stop romanticising our players love for the club, they'd realise that we're very close to sinking.

Gordon, Gray, Richy, Allan and a few others are doing all the rowing, whilst the others sit back and complain that we're lost at sea and taking on water.

I was going to make more puns about a captain, pirates and the Titanic, but I cba.

Sounds like he did do that and there was an impasse.

Now should Benitez put aside his coaching principles for one player, or just remove a player that is refusing to play for the club?

If this was any other manager there wouldn’t even be a discussion here. It’s just pure anti Benitez argument. He asked our left back to defend, and rather than just getting on with that (whether he liked it or not) he refused to play for the club and wanted to leave, so he left.
It couldn't have been that bad, he was on the bench the next game.

And of course it's because it is Benitez, he has previous for it!

Talk to him. That's what he is supposed to do.

I am not claiming to know what happened with this situation, nobody really knows, I just think you idea that the manager should rule with an iron fist in 2021 is wrong. A good manager will convert a player to his line of thinking eventually anyway.

A player will buy into a managers ideas/thoughts if it works.

15 odd games of it obviously not working means Digne didn't buy into what was getting asked of him

Regarding players, "doing what the manager says" reminded me of a story told by Arjan de Zeeuw, the Dutch Centre back whilst playing for Danny Wilson at Barnsley. Arjan had been schooled in Holland to put ideas to the coaches that may improve team performances. He mentioned this to his teammates at Barnsley a couple of which suggested he approached Wilson with his thoughts which he duly did. Entering the bosses office he started to explain the reason he was there, doing it the Dutch way etc. Wilson stopped him mid sentence saying, " there's a sign on that door behind you, can you see what it says"? "Yes boss", replied Arjan, "it says Manager boss". "Correct", says Wilson, " now f... off".

Not true mate.

Off the top of my head, he hates :

Leighton Baines
Rangers FC
Southerners
England
David Moyes
Duncan Ferguson
The middle / upper class
Pubs
Restaurants
Tories
Liberals
Anyone who owns / runs a business

I would’ve said the RS, but I’m not so sure anymore.
Not sure about the rs one.
Remember he wanted us to lose to Chelsea to help them stay above the rs.
Ironically one of the few games under Benitez we didn't lose.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.