Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think less people would be opposed to Vitor if it was June. Or we were 8th. But it’s mid season and we are right in the relegation mix.

A firebrand wildcard with no experience of English football whatsoever just isn’t what I’m looking for right now.
That's what makes this such a difficult appointment. We really need someone safe and dependable right now, but we also need someone who can build for the future.

Hopefully we get right this time

There also a lot of miss information and lazyness from our fans who just don't really know what he's done.

He never had the China job, that was Fabio Cannavaro.

He managed Shanghai and won the league with them with pretty much the same team AVB failed to win with.

He also won a double in Greece.

Not saying he's the man, I don't think he is but there is a lot of misinformation and guessing about what he's done, rather than just looking it up.

This is more common on Everton Facebook pages than here though.

Vitor Pereira

Porto
  • Primeira Liga: 2011–12, 2012–13
  • Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2011, 2012
  • Taça da Liga runner-up: 2012–13
  • UEFA Super Cup runner-up: 2011
Al-Ahli
  • King Cup of Champions runner-up: 2014
Olympiacos
  • Super League Greece: 2014–15
  • Greek Football Cup: 2014–15
Shanghai SIPG
  • Chinese Super League: 2018
  • Chinese FA Super Cup: 2019

Vitor Pereira

Porto
Al-Ahli
Olympiacos
Shanghai SIPG

I do not understand why Lampard is so preferred. He has won nothing. At least Pereira has reached finals and won silverware everywhere he has been.

At Derby, he took over a team that had finished 6th in the Championship under Gary Rowett and barely scraped them 6th again on the final day of the season, then losing in the playoffs.

At Chelsea, he took on a team that had finished 3rd the year before to a 4th place finish and an FA Cup runner up. He left them in 9th the season after.

He is not the right appointment. Maybe Vitor is not either but none of them make me very confident.

Vitor Pereira

Porto
Al-Ahli
Olympiacos
Shanghai SIPG
That might be all well and good winning cups most places he has been but has he finished 6th in the championship and failed at a top 4 club?

Need help with relegation battles?

Talk to Frank.

I do not understand why Lampard is so preferred. He has won nothing. At least Pereira has reached finals and won silverware everywhere he has been.

At Derby, he took over a team that had finished 6th in the Championship under Gary Rowett and barely scraped them 6th again on the final day of the season, then losing in the playoffs.

At Chelsea, he took on a team that had finished 3rd the year before to a 4th place finish and an FA Cup runner up. He left them in 9th the season after.

He is not the right appointment. Maybe Vitor is not either but none of them make me very confident.

I really think we should stop looking at trophies that managers have accrued with other clubs and start thinking about who would be best to keep this current Everton team safe from relegation. This man is not that.

Im not got a massive preference to either manager but I honestly think Lampard will look to the future and try in the long term playing good attractive football. Firstly keep us up. There are teams in worse positions than us and we’ve got enough to stay up. There is going to be some pain and we may take a couple of step backwards in the next 12 to 18 months but we’ve got to stay patient get behind him or Vitor and the team and drop our egos a little. It’s not going to help the predicament we are in. Keep the faith everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.