Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not battling against relegation because we’ve just played two matches against ‘the big six’ and lost them both, one of which we deserved to get at least a draw from.

We are down here because under Benitez we got trounced by teams like Watford at home and Wolves and Norwich and Crystal Palace and Brentford etc.

No one expects us to beat the champions or beat Tottenham. How many times have we won at Tottenham away in the Premier League? Twice?

Either way our next match against Wolves is make or break for our season and for our club. We need to get behind our players like our lives depend on it. I know that the England goalie Ben Foster said the other week that for years we fans have helped the opposition players at Goodison and unnerved our own lads. However, Daniel James, the Welsh lad who plays as a winger for Leeds, said we were like a 12th man when we trounced Leeds.

This is serious now. Wolves is possibly the biggest game in our history. We have the hardest ‘run-in’ of the bottom six and if we get relegated the stadium is gone and potentially the club is gone. We will likely be another Derby. And we will be playing the likes of Bristol City and Coventry!

In November, as bad as we were, I thought it was inconceivable that we would get relegated. Right now I’m deeply concerned.

Last edited:
We are not battling against relegation because we’ve just played two matches against ‘the big six’ and lost them both, one of which we deserved to get at least a draw from.

We are down here because under Benitez we got trounced by teams like Watford at home and Wolves and Norwich and Crystal Palace and Brentford etc.

No one expects us to beat the champions or beat Tottenham. How many times have we won at Tottenham away in the Premier League? Twice?

Either way our next match against Wolves is make or break for our season and for our club. We need to get behind our players like our lives depend on it. I know that the England goalie Ben Foster said the other week that for years we fans have helped the opposition players at Goodison and unnerved our own lads. However, Daniel James, the Welsh lad who plays as a winger for Leeds, said we were like a 12th man when we trounced Leeds.

This is serious now. Wolves is possibly the biggest game in our history. We have the hardest ‘run-in’ of the bottom six and if we get relegated the stadium is gone and potentially the club is gone. We will likely be another Derby. And we will be playing the likes of Bristol City and Coventry!
Beat Wolves and we're four points clear of the relegation zone, and that gives us a bit of breathing space. We need to scrape together as many points as possible, from our remaining home fixtures!

Since September 25th when we beat Norwich, we have only won two league games, against Arsenal on December 6th, and Leeds on February 12th.

We've accumulated since September 25th, nine points from the fifty seven points that were available. We've won two games, drew three, and lost fourteen.

So less of the bed wetting shouts, and let's acknowledge how bad things actually are!

Watford away and Burnley away will determine if we stay up. Lose against those two and it’s relegation.
Disagree. Next 2 home matches are 2 of the most important in our history. That isnt an over statement. 2 wins needed and we will scrape the points at home in matches after that to stay up. Draws or losses and we will be well relegated. No hope of winning away to burnley.

We need to go 5-4-1 away from home in most games and hope we snatch a goal from a set piece and pick up the off point.

Them cowards are going to give a rallying cry saying the fans need to be the 12th man.

Most cowardly, overrated Everton team I’ve ever seen.
I dont think anyone rates them. I know nobody outside the club does. Very few in it. And those that do.... well.

Wolves at home, West Ham away, Man United at home, the rs away, Chelsea at home, Leicester away and Arsenal away. Those are the most difficult fixtures on paper.

Can we get enough points from home games against the Geordies, Crystal Palace Brentford, and Watford away.

The latter ones are the easier games on paper. We probably need to win three out of four, from the Geordies, Palace, Brentford and Watford games.

Really we've got to hope that our home form is good enough, and that we somehow scrape enough points from the away games imo.

Trouble is mate we play on grass not on paper, and we are crap on grass

Terrifying. Need 4 points from the next 2 home games as an absolute minimum or we’re done and dusted. Won’t start feeling confident unless we win both though.

As Carragher said last night, the next 2 home games are crucial. 4 points from them and it'll give us the belief our home form can see us over the line. A couple of defeats whilst the teams around us pick up points would be a disaster.

Says the man with a soft spot for Tranmere.:D I don't have to explain or justify myself to you, or anyone else on here for that matter either.
No mate you don't have to justify why you support at least a dozen other teams including two from the same Sheffield City.
I've got a soft spot at the bottom of my garden but I've only ever supported Everton.

In November, as bad as we were, I thought it was inconceivable that we would get relegated. Right now I’m deeply concerned.

this.

Status
Not open for further replies.