2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember going to Upton Park in 07/08 under Moyes for a cup league double header. We went one down in the first game against the run of play and every player on both teams knew we’d still win. We ended up beating them both times.

We’re so so far away from that now it’s unbelievable. The managed decline of the club has been criminal.
And it had already started with Kenwright's appointment of Moyes - who did an admirable job in many ways - because had we been in our traditional position as one of the most financially powerful clubs in the league, we would never have appointed that up-and-coming manager of Preston. He did a brilliant job of making us respectable when he never had the budge to make us anything more than ordinary - and Kenwright spun it like it was the second-coming of Howard Kendall and Catterick's Mersey Millionaires.

Disagree with Frank here thought Palace deserved a bit more credit - I thought their second goal was decent. Everytime they got into our box they had good chances. Zaha missed one in front of goal after Godfrey slipped over. Oliseh hit one into the stands. It could have been more.

Perhaps he's playing it down so he doesn't get sacked, otherwise he's going to get questioned why we were so bad. Also looked like he's started to throw players under the bus now by saying anyone who doesn't want to fight won't be part of it.

A slight worry I have with him is that he was so good as a player and surrounded by amazing players his whole career, that he expects too much of poorer players so will always dig them out when underperforming and never think it's something he's done as well.

This hopefully might differentiate him from Benitez. Benitez kept trusting the same rotten bunch even though he seemed to have grasped that they were the problem.

Lampard is in the same conundrum. If he keeps trusting Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny they’ll have him relegated and out of a job.

Time to be bold and start playing Patterson Mykolenko and Branthwaite in the back line. They cannot be worse.
Thought he might have done that today worrying that he hasnt as either he can't see it or they're not very good.
I was encouraged by his post match comments

This hopefully might differentiate him from Benitez. Benitez kept trusting the same rotten bunch even though he seemed to have grasped that they were the problem.

Lampard is in the same conundrum. If he keeps trusting Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny they’ll have him relegated and out of a job.

Time to be bold and start playing Patterson Mykolenko and Branthwaite in the back line. They cannot be worse.
The same Coleman who is MOTM on this site? Really you are getting tiresome. I will say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.