2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who though? Our bench is terrible and full of players we have screamed about not wanting on the pitch all season.

And there's clearly an issue with alli, in that it doesn't look like lampard trusts him at all.
You might be right about Alli but he has been adequate in his mini appearances, he could have brought Braithwaite on and moved Holgate into Iwobi’s role leaving Iwobi to go forward and wide and Branthwaite using his height up front at the many corners we got rather than doing nothing. Frank looked like he was too frightened of losing to take more chances of winning, we created more chances against Chelsea, United and Leicester and we had one weak shot on target and one header that were very tame efforts, we could and should have done a lot better.

1: Stay up

2: Gut the squad

3: Begin the rebuild with top notch u23 aged players

4: Aim for 15 wins next season so were safe

5: Continue the rebuild
Like it - this excites me. Hope Super Kev and Super Frank can sort us out.

Can’t wait to see most of the over paid charlatans volleyed out the club.

1: Stay up

2: Gut the squad

3: Begin the rebuild with top notch u23 aged players

4: Aim for 15 wins next season so were safe

5: Continue the rebuild

….ha, ha, if it was only so easy.

Being a good side is about having good footballers who fit a system, who blend and establish partnerships on the pitch, who have attitude, desire and athleticism.

My concern is Lampard’s judgement when it comes to selecting players and in the formations he chooses. If we stay up, I think he’s definitely a work in progress manager & we might well struggle next season. In the short-term, I expect there might be times when his job is on the line, but hopefully he‘ll eventually turn into a decent coach.

i fear this will be a tough journey just to get us back to mid-table mediocracy. Hopefully this DoF is decent & is allowed to get on with his job as a lot might depend on his ability.

Generally speaking, you either get managers that are tactically flexible and pragmatic, doing what it takes to get a result within a particular match - or you get managers that are dogmatic and fixed in their beliefs.

On the evidence of his time at Everton, Lampard seems to be a bit of a hybrid of the two.

He seems to be tactically flexible, he's worked to find a something that works with the players we have. But he doesn't seem overly willing to move on from that. Case in point was fielding the same line-up for Watford as Leicester.

I suspect a lot of this is prudence. He doesn't want to do anything to jeopardise the relative stability of the past few matches - and that's totally understandable.

I am interested to see how he'll approach recruitment in the summer, and how his tactical approach will change next season.

….ha, ha, if it was only so easy.

Being a good side is about having good footballers who fit a system, who blend and establish partnerships on the pitch, who have attitude, desire and athleticism.

My concern is Lampard’s judgement when it comes to selecting players and in the formations he chooses. If we stay up, I think he’s definitely a work in progress manager & we might well struggle next season. In the short-term, I expect there might be times when his job is on the line, but hopefully he‘ll eventually turn into a decent coach.

i fear this will be a tough journey just to get us back to mid-table mediocracy. Hopefully this DoF is decent & is allowed to get on with his job as a lot might depend on his ability.

Thats ok for him to be a "work in progress manager". I think we just need to get recruiment spot on for the next 2 summers and then we'll see what hes made of.

Thats ok for him to be a "work in progress manager". I think we just need to get recruiment spot on for the next 2 summers and then we'll see what hes made of.

If we get anything close to a cohesive plan from Thelwell and Lanpard then it won’t be that hard to climb the league (until you get towards the top 6). A lot of the clubs in the PL are complete basket cases only ever a few injuries away from a relegation battle. If we actually got ourselves together we could get back ahead of a lot of teams but what will guarantee we stay in this never ending cycle is if we keep changing manager and DOF.

Lampard’s had half a season now and hopefully will keep us up. If he can do that in these awful conditions then hopefully in a full season with less injuries we won’t have a problem. If that’s the case we need to give him and Thelwell time to work.

Last edited:
It wasn't annoying at all, it was the good result we needed, we increased the gap on Leeds, kept a clean sheet, we did what we had to do
I said it was "somewhat" annoying. It was as we could have won.

Certainly wasn't the end of the world either as I pointed out Watford had players with something to play for playing last night too.

Just woke up from across the pond. Are we all feeling a little better after some sleep?! He’s still Super Frank to me!
Just got in from work.

Been thinking a lot about the match, obviously we could have done better....

But, we didn't lose ;)

…’we just need to get recruitment spot on’. Such an easy sounding objective but one that has troubled not only this club for so, so long.

Let’s not forget, the club is in a mess in this regards because we now know Moshiri brings in his own players, the Manager brings in his own players, and sometimes the DoF brings in his own players. Three recruitment strands working separately.

Folk blamed Brands. Perhaps Brands had the diplomacy to at least keep things relatively harmonious.

The reality is we have a new Manager and a new DoF. We have no real idea of their worth regarding recruitment but more importantly, will the internal systems we have in place still be a mess or will the DoF be able to operate like a DoF?

’We just have to get recruitment spot on’ is perhaps the understatement of the decade. We have no idea.

I think Frank is playing his hand wisely, he's no mug. After the Chelsea and Leicester wins I think last night he simply wanted to consolidate and not lose. I also have a gut feeling he never fancied them getting a win, he had been in training with them this week and so I have to believe that's the case.

He picks his games to go 3 in the middle and the games to go 5 at the back, he's trying to get the most from a very poor and threadbare squad and is showing a lot of promise. With Brentford he'll be after a win at all costs and the tactics will change once more.

I think Frank is playing his hand wisely, he's no mug. After the Chelsea and Leicester wins I think last night he simply wanted to consolidate and not lose. I also have a gut feeling he never fancied them getting a win, he had been in training with them this week and so I have to believe that's the case.

He picks his games to go 3 in the middle and the games to go 5 at the back, he's trying to get the most from a very poor and threadbare squad and is showing a lot of promise. With Brentford he'll be after a win at all costs and the tactics will change once more.
Lastnight was all about not loosing agreed. A loss at this stage will have a massive blow to moral.. we are lucky in the sense we have two home games out of the 3..

…’we just need to get recruitment spot on’. Such an easy sounding objective but one that has troubled not only this club for so, so long.

Let’s not forget, the club is in a mess in this regards because we now know Moshiri brings in his own players, the Manager brings in his own players, and sometimes the DoF brings in his own players. Three recruitment strands working separately.

Folk blamed Brands. Perhaps Brands had the diplomacy to at least keep things relatively harmonious.

The reality is we have a new Manager and a new DoF. We have no real idea of their worth regarding recruitment but more importantly, will the internal systems we have in place still be a mess or will the DoF be able to operate like a DoF?

’We just have to get recruitment spot on’ is perhaps the understatement of the decade. We have no idea.
We need to keep Moshiri and Jorrabchian as far away from recruitment as possible!
The only time Moshiri should be involved is to sign the cheque when everything has been agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.