2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be the guy pouring all the cold water on it but screw it, he shouldn't get credit for doing something at 2-0 down in a must win game that was an obvious change 3 games ago.

Mate he has no decent players to choose from .

He’s got us out of throivkw and has us all singing and smiling .

Let him shift the dead wood and sign some players that can actually run and pass a football and see how he does

Disagree; I have full confidence in Frankie; Europe next season...

He will sort this [Poor language removed] out quickly...
thats obviously the aim but I think @brieverton was trying to say anything other than another relegation scrap is progress, as the league is tight, euro places may be within that progress but as it is tight, there isn't a great deal of difference between 15th and 8th in a team's performances. What is important is that we have a bit of stability n the back room team and get rid of some of the deadwood players. Frank has a decent team behind him on PC and AC et al, have confidence that Frank will see improvements all over quite quickly. I liked him as a player, even though his dad broke my heart as a kid ('77?)

His first big job is the transfer window. He has a big task on his hands just with that. We need a new spine, some creativity and some vocal leaders & he will need to replace some of our better players as I see Allan, Richarlison and DCL leaving.

I don’t expect miracles next season but one thing I want is Fortress Goodison back, we have shown over the last few months how horrible we can make it for opposing teams and how much it helps our team. We need to do this every home game. Our home form has always been the difference. Too many teams in recent season have enjoyed playing at Goodison.

I’m looking forward to next season (I am happy for a break though ha)

We need to thread the needle though. Silva's main plan when the team had the players to run it was far better than anything we've seen from Lampard.

WTAF?

Can you not remember us conceding from almost every set piece?

Them having a corner or free kick was almost as bad as conceding a penalty.

He had the same problem at Watford and will probably have the same problem next season with Fulham .

Which speaks volumes about the damage Benitez had done / was doing to the club.
The worst part is the whole narrative that we were in that position because the fans never wanted benitez and jumped on his back at the first opportunity, which created a negative atmoshphere.

The fans got on his back because he was crap and systematically dismantling the club.

Let’s see how he sets us up today, with the pressure gone, as I think he has been managing the position and situation as well as the team and tactics, and that’s has coddled some of his.

You can castigate him for not going for it at Watford, or for starting with 5 at the back for too many games, or for starting Gomes in a two first half v palace but I think that’s the situation we we’re in affecting his choices and his greenness in the managerial game.

At least he had the balls to change it and you cannot deny how he has rebuilt the confidence in the squad and connected with the fans, after the fsw did his best to demolish us as a club. He gets a lot of credit in the bank for me and I hope we focus our attention on the real issues at Everton - the owner and board - they have to support him and the DoF or we won’t move forward.

Blank canvas now frank, get shut of most of the slackers in that dressing room and don’t be fooled by their performances recently. Hope he signs young talented players in his image from an attitude and personality perspective, and we won’t go far wrong.

Considering what I have seen and heard of Lampard, I believe he will end up being Moyes-MarkII (before the missiles rain down). Hold on, hold on. Let me finish.

He comes across as a methodical student of the game and tactically aware of situation. Willing to curb his own intentions to set up a pragmatic games if needed. Talks well (straight-shooting bxxtarx ain't he), Doesn't thrown players under-the-bus unless absolutely needed, keeps fans at the forefront, believes in "People's club" image. He seems more down-to-earth. One has to believe, Moyes had it, whether they like or hate him.

Where Lampard is going "One-up" Moyes is this: Better players, access to better resources, A "winning" mentality, A bigger stomach for fight.

So all I can see is sunshine in the future :D.
His first big job is the transfer window. He has a big task on his hands just with that. We need a new spine, some creativity and some vocal leaders & he will need to replace some of our better players as I see Allan, Richarlison and DCL leaving.

I don’t expect miracles next season but one thing I want is Fortress Goodison back, we have shown over the last few months how horrible we can make it for opposing teams and how much it helps our team. We need to do this every home game. Our home form has always been the difference. Too many teams in recent season have enjoyed playing at Goodison.

I’m looking forward to next season (I am happy for a break though ha)
He/We need a good transfer window and pre-season and I think he should be targeting both cups next season. He has realised the power of the supporters and should be harnessing that for one off games that he has shown we can win,particularly at Goodison.
With a little bit of luck in the draws I believe we can go further in the competitions and avoid QPR and Palace type capitulations in the future.

We were in a complete tailspin when Lampard arrived. Seen so many from other clubs saying he hasn’t moved us forward, but we were only heading one way.

We were drowning, fast. Complete civil war between fans, players and board. That’s before even mentioning we were on our worst run of form in living memory.
We were completely broken.

But somehow, this young, inexperienced manager was able to pull everyone together as well as pull out some massive results to ensure our survival.

Many a more experienced manager would’ve failed. Many wouldn’t have even took the job such was the enormity of the task and the repercussions of likely being the man to take this club down.

Status
Not open for further replies.