2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take 10th right now
15th would do me if we avoid the relegation fight. (A bit like saints who have never really been in it but are only 5 points clear). We need to be solid and show some progress, even if that's just being more solid.

Next season is truly a transition season (as we have said for the last 5 years). This time it really is though, young manager, who has united us, first transfer window and pre season for him.

Significant changes to the squad with a considerable amount leaving due to end of contracts and likely to see a few big sales.

The incomings this summer will define what happens to us in the next few seasons, and due to that, we should expect vast changes in league position etc other than becoming more solid and not being in a battle for survival from November onwards.

I'm full of optimism for he next few seasons, I think the problem is too many people have still not realised how bad things were when Lampard came in, this is not something that can be fixed overnight. If Frank can have us between 10th and 14th next season and improve steadily from there in the couple of seasons that follow, we should have a stable team with a much younger, fitter core going into Bramley Moore.

What we should not expect is for Frank to have us challenging for Europe next season. This is the time to back a manager wholeheartedly and show a little patience as long as there is visible progress.

Im already anticipating a tough season next season. Esp with the FFP stuff.

We were in a complete tailspin when Lampard arrived. Seen so many from other clubs saying he hasn’t moved us forward, but we were only heading one way.

We were drowning, fast. Complete civil war between fans, players and board. That’s before even mentioning we were on our worst run of form in living memory.
We were completely broken.

But somehow, this young, inexperienced manager was able to pull everyone together as well as pull out some massive results to ensure our survival.

Many a more experienced manager would’ve failed. Many wouldn’t have even took the job such was the enormity of the task and the repercussions of likely being the man to take this club down.

Well said mate.

Which speaks volumes about the damage Benitez had done / was doing to the club.

We were 100% down under Benitez.

People underestimate just how low the whole club had become. I’d not experienced a period like it in my lifetime.

The 16th to 16th narrative is some of the laziest journalism you'll ever hear. The media clearly weren't watching us over the winter to see just how bad we were.

We had won 1 game in 15 games and were in total freefall. We were the team who crashes down the table every year and goes down.

Lampard's job was to survive, whatever way possible, and he achieved it. He was never going to walk in and turn things round straight away. Only someone who was completely oblivious to our form and circumstances would have thought that.

What I have learned from this season is that we understand our club a lot better than those who report on football for a living.

Agent Rafael did his best to try and destroy our club, and Moshiri would 100% of been at fault for allowing the fat kopite to sweet talk him into it. If the debacle of this season doesn’t stop him from sticking his nose in, nothing ever will. Let the manager and the director do their jobs.

The amount of Kopites I know who said, without their usual piss taking grin, that we should’ve sacked him at various points just proved to me that nobody outside Everton has a clue.

Delighted with Lampard, and have been saying for a long time I’d keep him even if we went down. Thankfully it’s not come to that and the future looks a whole lot brighter.

We were in a complete tailspin when Lampard arrived. Seen so many from other clubs saying he hasn’t moved us forward, but we were only heading one way.

We were drowning, fast. Complete civil war between fans, players and board. That’s before even mentioning we were on our worst run of form in living memory.

But somehow, this young, inexperienced manager was able to pull everyone together as well as pull out some massive results to ensure our survival.

Many a more experienced manager would’ve failed. Many wouldn’t have even took the job such was the enormity of the task and the repercussions of likely being the man to take this club down.

100% mate. Was watching a few paid pundits on the PL weekend preview.... [Poor language removed] me. Cannot believe one of them said Lampard deserves hardly any/zero credit for keeping us up. Just goes to show you ignore all the faff that comes from these media outlets.

Our club had never been so disjointed, and now we're having stay behinds with Frank and co.

In some weirdly twisted way, it was good to get Benitez in - just to make us hit rock bottom. The only way is up now, and Frank is absolutely the right man for the job.

Under Benitez and how he flattened a squad:
One player suspended indefinitely for off the field incidents.
Instantly tries to offload James Rodriguez (well documented that it shocked the players)
Creates a rift with the vice captain and sells him.
Fires the head of medical.
Unable to work with the director of football, who then walks.
1 win in 14 (36% of league matches)
Huge injury list.
Split fanbase.
Spends £30million in January.

Lampard then has 17 games to turn all that disruption around on and off the field. End of the day, all that plus the FFP tightening a budget is going to effect an unbalanced squad.

Easy job lads. Deserves zero credit.

Kopite media just sees black and white stats and zero behind it

He needs lots of time. Any talk of sackings is ridiculous right now.

He did his job and people need to be patient.

Haha. Sounds good that Tim.

Really level headed.

Well done you.

Patience.

Yeah, patience!

But it's nonsense in reality, isn't it?

If he loses the first 5 on the spin, fans will want him sacked.

Want an example?

Koeman had us qualify for Europe.

Fans wanted him gone within a month to the new season.

6 games into the new season and here is you screaming for his sacking in this thread.

Doubt it. We know how Everton work.

Disgraceful manager and fraudulent board

You was wanting him sacked 4 league games into a new season.

Results determine whether a manager is retained.

Haha. Sounds good that Tim.

Really level headed.

Well done you.

Patience.

Yeah, patience!

But it's nonsense in reality, isn't it?

If he loses the first 5 on the spin, fans will want him sacked.

Want an example?

Koeman had us qualify for Europe.

Fans wanted him gone within a month to the new season.

6 games into the new season and here is you screaming for his sacking in this thread.

You was wanting him sacked 4 league games into a new season.

Results determine whether a manager is retained.

Really doubt that was 4 games on 23 October! Pretty sure that was the Arsenal game where we got thrashed.

It was also 5 years ago and we need time and patience. Koeman had just spent a fortune and wasted it. He was the most backed Everton manager ever. The circumstances couldn't be much different.

I've been very rash in my opinions in the past, but we can't carry on like this. Anyone who wants a sacking after 5 games should be ignored, because this won't suddenly be fixed in 1 or 2 seasons. We need a lot of long term strategic planning and there will be lots of ups and downs. If the manager isn't supported to overhaul the squad this summer, then another season of fighting relegation is the most likely outcome.

You keep calling for managers to be sacked after 5 games, and see where it gets us. You don't rate Lampard and that's fine, but he was brought in to a mess of a club to do a job and he did that job. I think people need to put their own opinions aside, have some patience, and see where it gets us.

Really doubt that was 4 games on 23 October! Pretty sure that was the Arsenal game where we got thrashed.

I can go back earlier mate I just picked the first, examples - 1st October;

Stick or twist time. Either the board need to back Koeman till the end of the season or sack him now and try and salvage something. No point waiting till Christmas and changing cause by then it will likely be way too late.

2nd October;

Should follow Koeman out the door

19th October

Koeman OUT

I mean, the fella had some pedigree. He had us in Europe. We backed him but didn't get him a striker. This was the start of his Prem;

Man City A (L) Chelsea A (L), Tottenham H (L) Man Utd A (L), Bournemouth H (W), Burnley (A) L

It was also 5 years ago and we need time and patience. Koeman had just spent a fortune and wasted it. He was the most backed Everton manager ever. The circumstances couldn't be much different.

I've been very rash in my opinions in the past, but we can't carry on like this. Anyone who wants a sacking after 5 games should be ignored, because this would suddenly be fixed in 1 or 2 seasons. We need a lot of long term strategic planning and there will be lots of ups and downs. If the manager isn't supported to overhaul the squad this summer, then another season of fighting relegation is the most likely outcome.

Koeman had a lot of mitigating factors which I shared at the time here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2017/09/11/early-days/

But fans, including yourself was screaming for his sacking very early into a new season so you can't go laughing off the thought of fans wanting a manager out after 5 games as silly.

The same will happen again next season if he lost the first 5.

Managers don't get that luxury of time. [Edit - if results are that bad/successive defeats]

I can go back earlier mate I just picked the first, examples - 1st October;

2nd October;

19th October

I mean, the fella had some pedigree. He had us in Europe. We backed him but didn't get him a striker. This was the start of his Prem;

Man City A (L) Chelsea A (L), Tottenham H (L) Man Utd A (L), Bournemouth H (W), Burnley (A) L

Koeman had a lot of mitigating factors which I shared at the time here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2017/09/11/early-days/

But fans, including yourself was screaming for his sacking very early into a new season so you can't go laughing off the thought of fans wanting a manager out after 5 games as silly.

The same will happen again next season if he lost the first 5.

Managers don't get that luxury of time. [Edit - if results are that bad/successive defeats]
Can you find out what date I wanted him sacked please.

Status
Not open for further replies.