2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dalliance with relegation has been traumatising, but perhaps some real good has come out of it. Lampard has a connection with the fans that is so important at this club. The fan base accept and support him. It also feels to me that the fans have been through a renewal and that their insanely positive backing is powerful and has real impact.

It also feels that we may be turning a corner with recruitment. Mykolenko is a real find and Patterson will be too. Following a strategy of bringing in hungry younger players will do us well. No more over paid crocks!

I do expect us to have to sell one or two, but also anticipate the recruitment to improve. Things are finally looking up.

UTFT

We were in a complete tailspin when Lampard arrived. Seen so many from other clubs saying he hasn’t moved us forward, but we were only heading one way.

We were drowning, fast. Complete civil war between fans, players and board. That’s before even mentioning we were on our worst run of form in living memory.
We were completely broken.

But somehow, this young, inexperienced manager was able to pull everyone together as well as pull out some massive results to ensure our survival.

Many a more experienced manager would’ve failed. Many wouldn’t have even took the job such was the enormity of the task and the repercussions of likely being the man to take this club down.
Very well put, mate. It sums up my feelings entirely.

The 16th to 16th narrative is some of the laziest journalism you'll ever hear. The media clearly weren't watching us over the winter to see just how bad we were.

We had won 1 game in 15 games and were in total freefall. We were the team who crashes down the table every year and goes down.

Lampard's job was to survive, whatever way possible, and he achieved it. He was never going to walk in and turn things round straight away. Only someone who was completely oblivious to our form and circumstances would have thought that.

What I have learned from this season is that we understand our club a lot better than those who report on football for a living.

Because if you only focus on results you don't get better. I'm not saying get relegated but you can't play like we did the last few months and honestly expect that we won't be going down sometime. We have to turn our focus to getting better.
Good thing the manager has said this isn't the way he wants us to play then and was only doing it so we kept our league status intact.

Yeah still maintain that.

If we got beat bad Vs Newcastle at Goodison I'd have sacked him.

We didn't. That's football.

We lose the first 5 in the new season I say sack him.
He has earned the right to have time to work out wherever we find ourselves next season. Anyone expecting anything more than a slog to mid-table is far more optimistic than I am.

One of the biggest gains for us here is as already said the bond he's struck with our fan base. He's been so articulate to emphasize this at every opportunity. When the fans have a relationship with the manager the dressing room can't revolt or it's them that get called out. It's a rock solid base to work from.

These players are now fighting for the fans and the manager with everything they have, even if a large slice of the squad just simply isn't good enough.

Frank will address that issue, bring in players he knows will do a job and the fans won't question him if we see this new found spirit, with a bit of added class taking to the pitch every week.

It really is a great start, Frank was dealt a bad hand he had to use wisely and he did it.
More importantly the infighting has finished and it feels like a club with everyone on the same side again.

None of us will be spitting dummies out if we don't get European football next year. A solid top 10 finish will be phase one done for Frank.

Never been as confident for many years.

I'm full of optimism for he next few seasons, I think the problem is too many people have still not realised how bad things were when Lampard came in, this is not something that can be fixed overnight. If Frank can have us between 10th and 14th next season and improve steadily from there in the couple of seasons that follow, we should have a stable team with a much younger, fitter core going into Bramley Moore.

What we should not expect is for Frank to have us challenging for Europe next season. This is the time to back a manager wholeheartedly and show a little patience as long as there is visible progress.

What we should not expect is for Frank to have us challenging for Europe next season. This is the time to back a manager wholeheartedly and show a little patience as long as there is visible progress.

If we have a team that applies itself, shows energy, determination and a plan then I'm never complaining about boring midtable finishes ever again after this season.

I'm full of optimism for he next few seasons, I think the problem is too many people have still not realised how bad things were when Lampard came in, this is not something that can be fixed overnight. If Frank can have us between 10th and 14th next season and improve steadily from there in the couple of seasons that follow, we should have a stable team with a much younger, fitter core going into Bramley Moore.

Totally agree a lot of work to be done we need to be patient and give him time we have needed one manager to build something over seasons since Moyes. The idea of sacking him at any point in a relegation battle and the mess he walked into at the end of January(due to the mismanagement at the club going back years) or even next season is bizarre to me. Yes he has tactical naiveties but he has tapped into the spirit of the club and could grow with us.

I’d take 10th right now

Status
Not open for further replies.