New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any club have a cool sponsor anywhere on their shirt? I mean, visit Rwanda, get a bank account at Standard Chartered, buy a [Poor language removed] car from Chevrolet, be an Angry Bird, none of those are things that I would ever wear willingly.

I never buy a replica shirt or any other merchandise because of all the stupid advertising splashed across it so, unless it's Carhartt perhaps, I won't be getting involved.

Ill be honest, besides having the Liverpool badge on the shirt, I think whatever brings in the most money to the club is the single important thing here.

Obviously we dont want an awful logo on the shirt, but Sportpesa rebranded so their logo wouldn't look "as" awful on the shirt - brands always have sub brands and different ways of displaying logos.

And especially so given our 'revered' CEO stood up at the last AGM ( that shareholders were able to attend) and said that ideally betting companies shouldn't be sponsors as their activities conflict with many of the initiatives that EitC work with in trying to help people adversely affected by gambling related issues.

So revered she's been trying to get another job for 12 months and failing...

If people don't like the sponsor then don't buy the shirt. Only way to get the message across. I personally was happy with the Cazoo sponsorship as at least it meant my daughters shirt looked like the genuine article. Children's shirts without the sponsor just look like training tops.

I heard Bill was still ringing woolies and toys r us about a deal. Apparently he was upset when told Jeffrey the giraffe had snuffed it. Poor bloke

Come on mate let’s not get carried away. Would I prefer it not to be a betting company? Of course

But if the club only received offers from betting companies then it might be something we need to accept. Obviously gambling is a problem but so are all sorts of things like drinking and even an emerging addiction for young people on social media and technology so we need to understand that many of the big industries will generally have negative impacts on some people.
I'm nit carried away. Football, which used to be a passion of mine, is on a tightrope with me right now. Quite happy to walk away from it if it continues to wallow in filth like this.

Actually embarrassed, the club acted all virtuous when getting rid of SportsPesa, they've now gone with a CRYPTO BETTING company that's ran by criminals in Curacao.

Always thought the kids kits looked better when they were forced to have no sponsorship on the front.

Disappointing though, must be desperate for the cash.

Never rule anything out with this board and owner - if it’s looks and sounds stupid, then we will probably do it.

Bloody betting firm no doubt.

Their approach to global business management is similar to our current scouting network it seems - small time, localised and lazy.

A couple of weeks ago, our (allegedly) 'revered' CEO advised that new shirts sponsors were ready to be announced.

Understandably, that announcement was held in abeyance until such time as to which decision we would be playing in was confirmed.

That was concluded a week ago... have we heard anything from our 'revered' CEO - not a jot.
Surely the new shirt sponsor would have been wanting to be announced ASAP so as to gain maximum publicity on the back of the club riding high in the media as a result of the Palace game and crowd scenes ???

Makes me wonder if the 'new sponsor to be announced' was just a figment of her imagination.
I'd agree but maybe we can only actually name them when cazoo has finished? I don't know just guessing but surely our CEO wasn't telling porkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.