Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for his interview with the OS.

We could do a drinking game.

2 fingers (not like that) - he mentions how great the fans make the atmosphere at Goodison.

Shot - he says he's excited because Everton is a big club.

Down a pint - he talks about how he's looking forward to being part of the 'project' going into the new stadium.
Bonus hot water bottle full of turps if he mentions the phrase “sleeping giant”

2 fingers (not like that) - he mentions how great the fans make the atmosphere at Goodison.

Down a pint - he talks about how he's looking forward to being part of the 'project' going into the new stadium.
Also, once he knew Everton were interested, there was only one place he wanted to go - and is delighted we could make it happen.

Alcohol Poisoning, the game

It’s easy to say in hindsight but we’ve literally tried every profile of player recently

Prospects from championship: DCL Holgate Lookman Godfrey

Players not regulars at CL clubs: Digne Gomes Mina James Kean Dele Allan

Players from relegated/ lower prem teams: Keane Pickford Gueye Richarlison Doucoure

Experienced prem players: Williams Schneiderlin Siggurdson Delph Rondon Townsend Iwobi

Unknown non-PL prospects: Gbamin Mykolenko Patterson Vlasic

We’ve literally shopped in all the different markets and not many of them have worked so I’d say it’s something different than the player profile we need to be looking at.

For me it’s more about their application. No one can say that Digne Mina Gomes James Kean Allan Iwobi Lookman didn’t/don’t have ability, but at times their application for Everton was terrible.

If Tarkowski is available for most games each season and is giving his everything when out on the pitch then he’s probably far more useful than Mina was for us. If he’s come here to see out his career and have a holiday with the lads then it’ll be another terrible signing. We won’t know until later though.
'Profile' doesn't just mean where we signed them from though? We're talking about age, experience, attributes, potential for improvement etc, i'm not sure why you're fixated on the team they're signed from? Also none of the 'prospects from the championship' players you've picked would really have fallen into that category, and many of the names from the 3 categories in the middle are really just 'experienced prem players' put into different groups to make your point sound better.

I understand the hesitance, understand the Keane/Burnley links etc. but...

- It's a freebie
- He's got a great fitness record
- He's not going to crumble like Keane does
Freebies are never free.

Records are made to be broken.

He might crumble like Keane does.

Even if you consider this deal financially low-risk, we’ll still be heading into next season pinning our hopes, at least in part, on this guy making our defence better. If - as many including myself suspect - he shows himself to be a one-trick, Burnley indoctrinated pony then the relegation battle is back from from the first game next season. Given that our semi decent start to the last campaign effectively kept us up, that’s a frightening thought.

Freebies are never free.

Records are made to be broken.

He might crumble like Keane does.

Even if you consider this deal financially low-risk, we’ll still be heading into next season pinning our hopes, at least in part, on this guy making our defence better. If - as many including myself suspect - he shows himself to be a one-trick, Burnley indoctrinated pony then the relegation battle is back from from the first game next season. Given that our semi decent start to the last campaign effectively kept us up, that’s a frightening thought.
He's a better defender than all of our centre-backs apart from Mina.

'Profile' doesn't just mean where we signed them from though? We're talking about age, experience, attributes, potential for improvement etc, i'm not sure why you're fixated on the team they're signed from? Also none of the 'prospects from the championship' players you've picked would really have fallen into that category, and many of the names from the 3 categories in the middle are really just 'experienced prem players' put into different groups to make your point sound better.

You really will argue anything won’t you. I’d forgotten that.

Status
Not open for further replies.