Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a pawn in all this. He's a free agent who had a lot of offers - but he ends up here. Funny that.

My guess is that he's a winner out of this and has made a small fortune in a signing on fee that will include some form of surreptitious payment to his old club.

I said this a fortnight ago, and the hold up just underlines how feasible that theory is.

calculation-math.gif

Everton were guilty of breaking FFP rules. Let's be honest about it.

We were not. We sailed too close to the wind, checked with the PL if our interpretation of our accounts was acceptable, and they agreed they were.

Sent to our room to think about we have done though, sure. Probs no pocket money for a week or so as well. But thats the fact.

We were not. We sailed too close to the wind, checked with the PL if our interpretation of our accounts was acceptable, and they agreed they were.

Sent to our room to think about we have done though, sure. Probs no pocket money for a week or so as well. But thats the fact.
We got away with the auditing equalivalent of this:

disallowed-goal-england-germany-world-cup-2010_original.jpg

We got away with the auditing equalivalent of this:

disallowed-goal-england-germany-world-cup-2010_original.jpg

Kind of, true. But the PL, despite the theories on here, have little appetite to sanction any club. We presented several creative reasons why we were "ok", and they agreed. I think, from sommet I read or heard, that they were ok with us writing off the value of a certain player as an allowable loss, cos for 12 months he was unsaleable, hence, a loss.

But we are on watch, and no mistake.

Kind of, true. But the PL, despite the theories on here, have little appetite to sanction any club. We presented several creative reasons why we were "ok", and they agreed. I think, from sommet I read or heard, that they were ok with us writing off the value of a certain player as an allowable loss, cos for 12 months he was unsaleable, hence, a loss.

But we are on watch, and no mistake.
Oh, I have no doubt that the PL were at root the biggest culprits here. They could have told Everton a long time ago to stop doing what they were doing but they chose not to.

If Burnley or Leeds ever had got lawyered up about this it wouldn't have been Everton in the dock.

I miss the days where we signed players we could get excited about. Sure they all turned out to be crap but at the time it was great

Status
Not open for further replies.