Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a visual of lids on here argueing over Dwight McNeill:

1655656900332.jpeg

Well Burnley reportedly need to raise at least £60m this summer through sales.

McNeil provided one assist last season I believe, and was in and out of the side.

You'd imagine they'd want to cash in on Cornet and Pope, so depends if those two went first. If they did then McNeil maybe they could demand more for.

I'd argue Dennis is better than McNeil anyway, the lad isn't all that at all. Nowhere near a £30m player for a team in our current financial predicament.

Again, I'm not saying he’s worth £30m I just suspect that’s what they’d ask for.

Again, I'm not saying he’s worth £30m I just suspect that’s what they’d ask for.
Fair enough. Bit like us with Richarlison/Dom, think it just depends at what stage in the window. If they've shipped the other two valuable assets out by then, then they can probably ask for a bit more.

Grealish and McNeil ! I'm not seeing the similarities. But ever the optimist I suppose.
Grealish, between the ages of 21-24 was in the championship, not doing a huge amount. Never getting more than six goals or assists in any of the seasons. McNeil is a really good player, he's good on the ball and has a great left foot. He's easily good enough to start every game for us. 20M would be a good price... That's the kind of fee that gets you an untried (at the top level) but promising championship forward.

Cornet played centre forward last season didn't he?
Pretty sure he played on the wing
They had wood and then bought that weghorst in January . Towards the end of the season they started to play 442 and he was on the wing. V us in the 3-2 game. Weghorst and Rodriguez were the 2 strikers

Interesting that a load of fans on here said Richarlison and DCL’s value would drop a lot if we went down. Yet Burnley think they will get over 30 for this lad.

Grealish, between the ages of 21-24 was in the championship, not doing a huge amount. Never getting more than six goals or assists in any of the seasons. McNeil is a really good player, he's good on the ball and has a great left foot. He's easily good enough to start every game for us. 20M would be a good price... That's the kind of fee that gets you an untried (at the top level) but promising championship forward.
You’re having a laugh, everyone could see grealish had talent, just was young and inconsistent. Like a lot of young players, if he’s good on the ball and has great left foot, how do you not get any goals and assist. If we sell richarlison we need to replace 16 goal contributions . I’m not Saying is easy to replace that figure, but this lad would be a disaster.
Personally he doesn’t get in our team over gray or Gordon and gray isn’t good enough long term.

McNeil played in the vast majority of games for Burnley last season and contributed just one assist.
It seems a justifiable observation to say that he wasn’t unfortunate to play for a relegated team rather that his season long ineffectiveness contributed mightily to that relegation.
If we can’t find better than this we need to consider making our purported 300 scouts redundant with immediate effect.
One assist isn't that bad considering Burnley"s appalling finishing

Status
Not open for further replies.