Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a pawn in all this. He's a free agent who had a lot of offers - but he ends up here. Funny that.

My guess is that he's a winner out of this and has made a small fortune in a signing on fee that will include some form of surreptitious payment to his old club.

I said this a fortnight ago, and the hold up just underlines how feasible that theory is.
To be perfectly honest Dave that is the least likely thing to happen that I can imagine.

First of all we would also then have to settle with Leeds as both clubs are working in tandem and if Norwich and Watford became aware of this then they are now in the picture for compensation as well.

On top of all that such a payment would be an immediate admission of guilt and would result in penalties far greater than anything we could imagine if it was discovered.

How do you prevent it from being discovered ?
How do create a legally binding contract for something that is basically illegal ?

If we offer 50m for McNeil then I might agree there is an element of compensation there, but there is no way we are giving money for a player out of contract.

100% Newcastle have pipped us, don’t ask me how I know but I know.

Meh

If they have then they have

Perfectly cromulent player, but there are others out there

I just hope we have other targets lined up and this doesn't become a Zouma situation where we spend all of the window going for a player we can't get and are then looking to make a last gasp desperation loan signing such as Rojo

Meh

I just hope we have other targets lined up and this doesn't become a Zouma situation where we spend all of the window going for a player we can't get and are then looking to make a last gasp desperation loan signing such as Rojo

Got till the end of June.

Meh

I thought you made that word up. What an utterly scrumptious bunch of letters.
Thank you for brightening my day a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.