The Everton Board Thread

No mate, im saying that despite spending vast sums, we did.

I dunno, seems silly to consider spending less a positive, but y'all just want Moshiri out no matter what.

I think not spending £27m on Cenk Tosuns would be a positive, yes. If we hadn’t done things like that then we probably would be able to spend this summer too.

None of us wanted a club that spent £30m on Yannick Bolasie, not then, not now, not ever.
But we did want the club to buy 30m players, we did want the club to break its transfer record, we did want our owner to invest into the club.

But no, we didnt want to spend 27m on Cenk Tosun, I think we all would have rather spent it on somebody else.

But we did want the club to buy 30m players, we did want the club to break its transfer record, we did want our owner to invest into the club.

But no, we didnt want to spend 27m on Cenk Tosun, I think we all would have rather spent it on somebody else.

I would rather have not spent the £30m at all than spend it on Yannick Bolasie. I would rather not have spent the £27m at all than spend it on Cenk Tosun. We would be in a better position currently. That’s what being cautious (or in other words smart) looks like.

Im embarrassed at how badly we did it, but thats all.

We had years of Kenwright spending nothing, we all wanted an owner that spent money.
I'm not saying we can just totally stop spending money.

What I am saying is the club needs a couple of years of spending far less, while bringing in fees from sales, so we can significantly reduce the wage bill, and bring some sort of identity back to the club.

Our identity for the last few years is being somewhere for mediocre players with PL experience to come and earn a fortune, with no pressure to succeed and no consequences for failure.

Spending much less in the short term and being smart with our recruitment is the only solution that has a chance of working. And it might even be too late for that, because so much damage has already been done.

Considering there are allegedly other groups interested I think this take over will run for a few more months yet.
At least I hope there are other groups interested because I wouldn’t touch this group of chancers with a barge pole.

I would rather have not spent the £30m at all than spend it on Yannick Bolasie. I would rather not have spent the £27m at all than spend it on Cenk Tosun. We would be in a better position currently. That’s what being cautious (or in other words smart) looks like.
I'm not saying we can just stop spending money.

What I am saying is the club needs a couple of years of spending far less, so we can significantly reduce the wage bill, and bring some sort of identity back to the club.

Our identity for the last few years is being somewhere for mediocre players with PL experience to come and earn a fortune, with no pressure to succeed and no consequences for failure.

Spending much less in the short term and being smart with our recruitment is the only solution that has a chance of working. And it might even be too late for that, because so much damage has already been done.
We revisit this in Summer 2025 when we have made Tom Davies captain for our League One push.